Windows 10: Have a cloned disk. Suggest additional disaster recovery methods

Discus and support Have a cloned disk. Suggest additional disaster recovery methods in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a system with a 1:1 cloned disk, e.g. the 2TB Samsung 970 NVMe SSD is cloned to a 2TB samsung EVO 860 SATA disk and both are bootable. I run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dictum, Oct 15, 2020.

1. dictum Win User

Have a cloned disk. Suggest additional disaster recovery methods

I have a system with a 1:1 cloned disk, e.g. the 2TB Samsung 970 NVMe SSD is cloned to a 2TB samsung EVO 860 SATA disk and both are bootable. I run the clone process via Macrium Reflect

:)

dictum, Oct 15, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

TPU Disaster Planning & Recovery

PLEASE look at the list I posted, everything you suggested so far is covered under those.

W1zzard, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Cloning a Hard Disk

Hi Dav,

Cloning a hard drive is way of transferring data from one hard disk to another drive to make the destination disk contain exactly the same data. You may also find additional information in this
    article.

For an in-depth assistance on how to proceed with the process, we suggest that you post your query/concern on the
    TechNet forum. This forum is a
    community that is mainly composed of IT professionals who can cater to the complexity of your concern.

Regards.

Michael Gall, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Have a cloned disk. Suggest additional disaster recovery methods

Recover Data from disk

If the data is really important to you I'd suggest (IF AT ALL POSSIBLE) cloning the drive onto another using a bit for bit clone first and attempting the recovery on the clone - a clean clone will not compromise the original material, where as a failed , or improper recovery attempt very well could.

The problem is it is often not possible to know EXACTLY what method of recovery will work until after you have succeeded / or potentially ruined any further chances of recovery.

I know it is for some an expensive option - but if you data is important to you it is always better to clone first - and try a few different approaches on the clone.

I'm only saying this because I have met a number of people who lost their data attempting a recovery believing that since the drive was unreadable it could NOT be cloned - when in fact regardless of the state of the filesystem, and your operating systems ability to understand the data on the drive - the data its self is still usually very much readable at a hardware level even if you cannot recognize the data structure from inside an OS. It is thus often quite possible to make a "safe" clone of that data to attempt to reorganize for the OS without actually compromising your original drive.

BazookaJoe, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Have a cloned disk. Suggest additional disaster recovery methods

1. Have a cloned disk. Suggest additional disaster recovery methods - Similar Threads - cloned disk Suggest

2. Windows recovery Is key disaster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows recovery Is key disaster: So I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screenSo I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screen.Now I have 2 laptops and both of them. Are devices on my microsoft...
  3. Windows recovery Is key disaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery Is key disaster: So I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screenSo I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screen.Now I have 2 laptops and both of them. Are devices on my microsoft...
  4. Windows recovery Is key disaster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't remove additional input method

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove additional input method: I only have two languages in Settings but three input methods are displayed in the right-bottom language bar, with an additional English Singapore.Have tried to remove the extra input method by installing English Singapore in Settings and then delete it. I succeed every time...
  6. Windows 10 Disaster Recovery

Windows 10 Disaster Recovery: Let's say I have a Windows 10 computer, and I have a recent System Image backup plus some File History backups offsite. Sounds good. I have a lot of "App" games that use only local storage for game save data. Then there is a fire, and my computer is destroyed. I buy an new...
  7. Macrium Clone Disks not available on recovery media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Clone Disks not available on recovery media: Hi there seems to be a genuine needed feature that's missing in Macrium Free== You can only clone disks if running from within Windows -- the clone disk option isn't available in the bootable recovery media. (Or if it is I've missed it). Apart from the "Not in Best...
  8. Disk cloning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cloning: I have an SSD128gb drive that is almost full and ordered 1tb SDD. I also have a 2nd HDD 1tb drive in the pc and although I haven't used Disk Cloning I am attempting to clone the 128gb SSD onto the HDDin pc and when I receive the new 1tb SDD I am thinking to clone from the...
  9. Installing Windows plan for disaster recovery

Installing Windows plan for disaster recovery: I'm trying to create a disaster recovery plan for installing Windows to my laptop if I were to to start from scratch. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron and I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro v.2004. I have three accounts on my laptop, one of them is a Windows Administrator...
  10. Disk cloning

Disk cloning: How to transfer information from Computer 1 to Computer 2? My understanding how to do this is outlined as follows but I am not entirely sure this process would work. Existing Computer 1: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; have USB flash drive 1 with Windows 10 installation media...