Windows 10: have a dell laptop randomly displaying locking and shutting down. OS windows 10

Discus and support have a dell laptop randomly displaying locking and shutting down. OS windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Tried making the settings changes suggested. Now randomly displaying battery low and shutting down and my battery is new, perplexed please help. Ty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kevinsalem, Dec 14, 2020.

1. have a dell laptop randomly displaying locking and shutting down. OS windows 10

Tried making the settings changes suggested. Now randomly displaying battery low and shutting down and my battery is new, perplexed please help. Ty Kevin

:)

kevinsalem, Dec 14, 2020

2. Laptop Randomly Shuts Down

My laptop randomly says locking and shuts down. My display and sleep settings are set to never but it still occurs. What to do?

AashrithDalavai, Dec 14, 2020
  3. rhodes132 Win User
    laptop randomly shutting down

I have a gateway laptop w/ amd turion 64x2 processors,windows vista. I use to be able to play games all day, do 10 things at once and my laptop was fine. All of a sudden i have ran into the problem of my laptop randomly shutting down. At first it was just shutting down when i was playing video games (games that doesn't even have the greatest of graphics and that i played ever since i had laptop which has been for about 2 years); ide say i would be able to play about 5-20 min and randomly would shut down. Then i stopped playing video games on this and now just download music and playing music and if i am downloading music and playing music and converting music it will shut down on me. Seems to keep getting worse and worse, like today i was just browsing the internet it it shutdown on me. I did get a blue screen the other day as well, first time it has happened to me on this laptop. If anyone could tell me what this could be i would greatly appreciate it.

Another note: If i unplug my laptop from the recharger i can usually play until the battery is dead, but it will make my computer real laggy and choppy so its not even worth to do when playing games.

rhodes132, Dec 14, 2020
  4. have a dell laptop randomly displaying locking and shutting down. OS windows 10

Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

have a dell laptop randomly displaying locking and shutting down. OS windows 10

1. have a dell laptop randomly displaying locking and shutting down. OS windows 10 - Similar Threads - dell laptop randomly

2. Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly: Hi, my laptop has been shutting down randomly mostly when im playing games, im not really sure of the reason thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-keeps-shutting-down-randomly/e16a9d53-8664-4740-bc3c-65d2a69160c1
  3. Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly: Hi, my laptop has been shutting down randomly mostly when im playing games, im not really sure of the reason thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-keeps-shutting-down-randomly/e16a9d53-8664-4740-bc3c-65d2a69160c1
  4. Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my new Dell laptop randomly shut down

my new Dell laptop randomly shut down: I bought a Dell G3 15 laptop a month ago, and it keeps turning off randomly, it's not often, in a month it turned off 4 times but it's annoying. I found this event:I am sure this event is related to turn off, how should I solve this?any Idea?...
  6. Windows 10 laptop Locks and shuts down

Windows 10 laptop Locks and shuts down: I watched some youtube videos on how to speed up windows 10 today! Some of the commands were done through the run admin sectiontion and asked to delete this and delete that....omg now laptop runs worse than ever: Help me...
  7. Dell laptop 6520e shuts down randomly

Dell laptop 6520e shuts down randomly: Hello I have a dell laptop 6520e with windows 10 home 1909 OS 18363.1256 that randomly shuts off. Just bought a new dell battery. Also had a new generic battery from Amazon and thought that was the problem which is why I returned the battery to amazon and purchased the Dell...
  8. Random 'Locking' Message then Shut Down

Random 'Locking' Message then Shut Down: Hello! My laptop has been randomly giving me the 'Locking' Message, then immediately shutting down. It then starts up just fine. Then low and behold, 10/15 min later it happens again. I've tried some troubleshooting ideas, but no luck yet. Any suggestions? Thank you!...
  9. WINDOWS 10 Laptop SHUTS DOWN RANDOMLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 Laptop SHUTS DOWN RANDOMLY: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop, it shuts down randomly, by its own. I use my laptop for architectural stuff and it frustrates me everytime this happens because the laptop shuts down by itself (without any notice), and I have to turn the laptop on. The laptop isn't hot,...
  10. Laptop randomly shuts down

Laptop randomly shuts down: Hello, mywhen i have the power adapter plugged in. When i plug it out it works wihtout any problems. I got a Screenshot of the Windows Event Viewer does that tell anything about that? I got a Toshiba Satellite L750-16V with Windows10x64. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my dell laptop always locking

2. Dell laptop keeps locking and shutting down