Windows 10: Have a new computer and all it says is missing operating system

Discus and support Have a new computer and all it says is missing operating system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I just got a new computer and I got everything set up and when I plugged in my flash drive it only says missing operating system and I cant open up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tzk13, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Tzk13 Win User

Have a new computer and all it says is missing operating system

So I just got a new computer and I got everything set up and when I plugged in my flash drive it only says missing operating system and I cant open up BIOS or anything

:)

Tzk13, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Bing54088 Win User

After updates Windows 10 says "Missing operating system"

I have the same issue, and I followed your suggestion steps. After that, I can see C: drive, and Windows folder is there.

Then I rebooted the computer. But I still have the missing the operation system issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bing54088, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Restore Point System Properties - Protection Settings (Missing)

Hi Don,

One of the reasons why there is a "System Partition (CHave a new computer and all it says is missing operating system :) (Missing)" on System Protection because there may a previous version or operating system installed on your computer before having your current version of Windows 10. The "System Partition (CHave a new computer and all it says is missing operating system :) (Missing)"
    contains the system files of the previous version or operating system on your computer. To remove the "System Partition (CHave a new computer and all it says is missing operating system :) (Missing)", follow the steps below:

• Select "System Partition (CHave a new computer and all it says is missing operating system :) (Missing)".
    • Click Configure.
    • Choose Disable system protection.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
    • Check if you can still see "System Partition (CHave a new computer and all it says is missing operating system :) (Missing)".
    Kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Jul 11, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Have a new computer and all it says is missing operating system - Similar Threads - computer says missing

2. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing operating system: When I turn on my HP G60 notebook I am faced with a message saying "Missing Operating System", I know why it is happening, I accidentally deleted system reserved partition, I dont have installation media, I use windows 10...
  3. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing operating system: When I turn on my HP G60 notebook I am faced with a message saying "Missing Operating System", I know why it is happening, I accidentally deleted system reserved partition, I dont have installation media, I use windows 10...
  4. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing operating system: My PC froze so I restarted it then it says to diagnose and repair then repair failed so went to advanced options tried system restore failed tried reset pc failed then lastly restore from sydtem image failed then came the missing operating system.Please can anyone help I'm...
  5. Alienware R3 laptop says Missing Operating System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alienware R3 laptop says Missing Operating System: HEY! So i was downloading games for my alienware laptop and than i shut it off for the day next day rolls around i turn it on to see Missing operating system from then on I attempted the boot from windows 10 disk and repair pc fix but it didnt work when attempting to load...
  6. missing an operating system

missing an operating system: so ever since I bought my Lenovo Ideapad 320, i have been experiencing the same struggle. i would be using my laptop normally then it just turns into a black screen and when I restart it, it tells me that system needs repair so I try all the advanced options and nothing...
  7. Londing an operating system into a new computer

Londing an operating system into a new computer: Recently I build a new computer and as I try to load microsoft operating system I downloaded into my flash card from microsoft, it asked me to enter the product key. Since I did not recieve yet the product key for the new operating system from microsoft yesterday, I tried to...
  8. "Missing Operating System"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Missing Operating System": After the last Windows update I received an error message "Missing Operating System". The issue occurred when the system started to reboot after update. I did everything that I could, including the system repair, recovery from the system image. I used safe mode but cannot...
  9. Operating system missing

Operating system missing: i downloaded an update to a program i use at work, turns out it was a virus or malware and changed several registry files and removed admin access. My laptop then started downloading programs and installing them, opening several webpages, and trying to run a virus scan that...
  10. Missing operating system

Missing operating system: Hi, after the automatic update of my laptop toshiba, there was an error when i boot my computer. Then, in the left top corner there was this message error : Missing operating system. So, i check on other tread and some people said to load the command on an usb device with...