Windows 10: Have A Problem In "Split Screen Mode"

Discus and support Have A Problem In "Split Screen Mode" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I want to use two programs at once with one on the right of the screen and one on the left. On the left I want to use Windows Photo. On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by haydnguy, Apr 15, 2021.

1. haydnguy Win User

Have A Problem In "Split Screen Mode"

Hello,

I want to use two programs at once with one on the right of the screen and one on the left. On the left I want to use Windows Photo. On the right I want to use Notepad. I slide the first program to the right and it jumps so that it displays on the right half of the screen. The second program, Windows Photos pops up on the left. The problem is that I don't know how to get the program on the left to fill the left part of the screen.

There is not a title bar that I can use to slide it to the left. There isn't even resizing handles to make it bigger. How do I get the second program to fille the left half of the screen? Thanks.

:)

haydnguy, Apr 15, 2021

2. Splitting screens

Hi,

To resolve your issue with splitting screen, we suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Likhitha V.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Split screen exists when entering tablet mode but remains when entering desktop mode

Hi,

I'm a bit stuck. When I have a couple of apps running in split-screen and switch to tablet mode it exits split screen and full screens the last selected app.

This is seriously annoying.

However, when I split the screen in tablet mode and enter desktop mode with the exact same apps, this does not occur and they remain running side by side.

Any suggestions as to how to keep my split-screen when changing modes?

Daniel T100, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Have A Problem In "Split Screen Mode"

Split screen

Hi Gigi Louise,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• When the screen starts splitting exactly? Is it when you try to access any app/it randomly splits?
    You may try to disable third party applications/software (if any installed) in Windows 10 before performing below methods to check if it is the root cause to the issue.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to update the Display adapter drivers.
    Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Method 2:

I suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking. Follow the below steps:

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to access settings menu.

• Select Update &
      security
      and click on Recovery.

• Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options
      > Startup Settings >Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode with Networking, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps. By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot” from the article.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Have A Problem In "Split Screen Mode"

1. Have A Problem In "Split Screen Mode" - Similar Threads - Problem Split Screen

2. Split screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Split screen: How do I split the screen when playing a game? I want to read instructions from a game manual on one screen and play the game on another.I've tried the split screen button on the top right but the game goes back to full screen....
  3. Screen Splitting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Splitting: If we have already split the screen in half with applications, we don't need to be asked what should be on that side of the screen when we put another application on the opposing side....
  4. FullScreen in Split Screen Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FullScreen in Split Screen Mode?: Hey guys, so basically I really like the fullscreen feature of some applications as it really helps me to focus by not seeing the taskbar and the top part of the tab. However, my studies require me to open more than 2 applications at the time in split screen mode. How do I...
  5. split screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    split screen: How do I undo a split screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen/5cec0b91-c7e5-4cb2-abb3-f9471cf5507d
  6. Split screen issue in tablet mode on 1903

Split screen issue in tablet mode on 1903: After update to Windows 10 1903, when I open app in split screen in tablet mode, it's placed improperly, part of the top bar is going out of the display: [ATTACH] This doesn't happen in all situations when split screen is started the same. -If split screen is triggered by...
  7. Split Screen on Tablet Mode not working

Split Screen on Tablet Mode not working: I am using HP Spectre X360 13 2-in-1 and I like to use multiple screen on tablet mode. How to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen-on-tablet-mode-not-working/5ff7b65a-3a18-47bb-b9a2-1e69b2757005
  8. split screen

split screen: how do I get laptop to stop split screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen/681b761a-5b25-4a3e-ac11-30fd14454f82
  9. split screen

split screen: i have this problem all video splitted to part side by side in kmplayer ,cherome and more .. i dont know i update my gpu drive or win update plz help ty[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. display problems, showing split screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display problems, showing split screen: Since installing windows 10 on my old dell, i am having major problems. The Computer is very slow, and is probably too old to properly run the new Windows, but the biggest issue is that after a restart, i am seeing a split screen display with a line through the centre of the...