Windows 10: have a problem of detecting the hdd

Discus and support have a problem of detecting the hdd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just installed window on my ssd, but my hdd just never appear in the window. In the bios menu, and the installation process, both my ssd and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lokmansy, Aug 7, 2019.

1. lokmansy Win User

have a problem of detecting the hdd

Hello, I just installed window on my ssd, but my hdd just never appear in the window.

In the bios menu, and the installation process, both my ssd and hdd can be detected.

I am here to seek my advice and some possible solution. Thanks!

:)

lokmansy, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Max Power Win User

Problems installing vista on SATA II

Im having literally the exact same problem as you with the same mobo and HDD. I can get to the second step of installing Vista but it wont detect the harddrive!

Max Power, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. have a problem of detecting the hdd - Similar Threads - problem detecting hdd

2. Having Windows 10 on HDD ? No PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having Windows 10 on HDD ? No PROBLEM: Windows 10 One of the OS by Microsoft that is full of features and updates can run on HDD. Things you must check : Case 1: If your booting time is fast but the display loads very late. Solution: Turn off fast startup Reason: Fast startup loads OS quickly in HDD even but the...
  3. Having Windows 10 on HDD ? No PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having Windows 10 on HDD ? No PROBLEM: Windows 10 One of the OS by Microsoft that is full of features and updates can run on HDD. Things you must check : Case 1: If your booting time is fast but the display loads very late. Solution: Turn off fast startup Reason: Fast startup loads OS quickly in HDD even but the...
  4. SSD detecting as an HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD detecting as an HDD: My SSD is detected as an HDD! I don't know why this is happening so suddenly. I left my laptop for around 40 minutes and once I came back and noticed that my laptop was being so slow for no reason. I clean up my memory using software thinking it was my ram that was causing...
  5. SSD detecting as an HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD detecting as an HDD: My SSD is detected as an HDD! I don't know why this is happening so suddenly. I left my laptop for around 40 minutes and once I came back and noticed that my laptop was being so slow for no reason. I clean up my memory using software thinking it was my ram that was causing...
  6. New HDD not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New HDD not detected: Yesterday I went to a seagate service center with my 1TB Seagate Baracuda which had around 1976 bad sectors. They instantly replaced my HDD with a new Recertified one. I came home and try to install in my PC. But its not showing even in Disk management (I have windows in...
  7. Problem with having add an SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with having add an SSD and HDD: I have a relative new pc with Asus A68HM Series motherboard that came with 1TB Toshiba HDD and I decided to disconnect it and fit a brand new WD Blue 500GB SSD which I had spare. Connected the SSD and installed Windows 10 1909 and tasted the pc and all worked fine. I...
  8. Problem with having add an SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with having add an SSD and HDD: I have a relative new pc with Asus A68HM Series motherboard that came with 1TB Toshiba HDD and I decided to disconnect it and fit a brand new WD Blue 500GB SSD which I had spare. Connected the SSD and installed Windows 10 1909 and tasted the pc and all worked fine. I...
  9. HDD error detection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD error detection: My laptop crashed, my message is: 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HHD) I can't get a command line what can I do?And I don't no what codes to use when I do get a command prompt. Can you please help. Thank you...
  10. External HDD not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD not detected: As I got the new Lenovo ideapad Miix 310, I tried to connect my 2.5inch Samsung M3 Portable to it, because I have some installation stuff on it. And while the HDD gets powered up and (usually) listed in Device Manager, it does not show in My Computer. It also doesn't show in...