Windows 10: Have a problem with some driver causing BSOD but dont understantd which one

Discus and support Have a problem with some driver causing BSOD but dont understantd which one in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Got BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL recently saying MODUL NAME: win32kbase and PROCESS NAME: dwm.exe Cant understand what is the exact problem. Here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MmyTo, Feb 11, 2021.

1. MmyTo Win User

Have a problem with some driver causing BSOD but dont understantd which one

Got BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL recently saying MODUL NAME: win32kbase and PROCESS NAME: dwm.exe
    Cant understand what is the exact problem. Here is the minidmp file http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=70729657107282457597

P.S. My PC is a msi ge66 raider with i7 10750 which is undervolted -130 on core and -100 on cache if this info is needed

:)

MmyTo, Feb 11, 2021
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Have a problem with some driver causing BSOD but dont understantd which one [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Golden Win User
    BSOD caused by driver atikmdag.sys

Could be another driver causing the issue.

Suggest you follow this and post in the BSOD section of the forum.

BSOD - Posting Instructions

Golden, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Have a problem with some driver causing BSOD but dont understantd which one

Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Have a problem with some driver causing BSOD but dont understantd which one

1. Have a problem with some driver causing BSOD but dont understantd which one - Similar Threads - problem driver causing

2. BSOD caused by drivers supposedly, unable to identify which in particular.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by drivers supposedly, unable to identify which in particular.: Hello, I followed the driver verifier wiki and my latest dump from the driver verifier is included. Any other advice is appreciated, from the tools I have used it says the issue is ntoskrnl.sys, which is the windows kernel which is most likely not the case. Any help?...
  3. How can I tell which driver is causing "Driver PNP Watchdog" BSOD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell which driver is causing "Driver PNP Watchdog" BSOD?: Hello to all, and thanks in advance for your help! QUESTION: ======= How can I find out which driver is causing the "Driver PNP Watchdog" BSOD? Situation: ====== I realized the other day that my mother's PC hasn't succeeded at a windows 10 feature update for more than...
  4. Which update caused this problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which update caused this problem: Hi everyone I have lost the 'search' facility on several windows 10 computers. (starts with the shortcut icon like a magnifying glass bottom left) This happened many weeks ago - but I have never been able to resolve this problem - although several work arounds were suggested....
  5. BSOD Driver Verifier Detected Violation - Unable to Know which driver is Causing the problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Driver Verifier Detected Violation - Unable to Know which driver is Causing the problem: Computer name: LAPTOP-28NDVM6Q Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362 Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS Hardware: 80WK, LENOVO, Provence-5R1 CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz Intel8664, level: 6 8 logical processors, active mask: 255 RAM:...
  6. I have been having some problems which are really strange.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have been having some problems which are really strange.: So here are the problems im having i keep having updates i simply can't install first they seem to download just fine. but at some point they give some error codes. The other problem is that windows keeps reverting settings whenever i restart my computer for example i...
  7. Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?

in Windows 10 Support
    Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?: I was wondering - in case I need to do a clean install - whether to use motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or just use the ones that comes with windows 10. Last time i built a PC was in the early days of Win 7 and i used motherboard drivers provided by the...
  8. Accidentally installed 2 administrators, which occasionally causes some problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally installed 2 administrators, which occasionally causes some problems.: In original Windows 10 Home installation, I created administrator account with my first name, and then I must have pressed the Group Membership link, which included the name in the ffist line, and then asked for afull name. I remember being confused about that, and so...
  9. Drivers, Have some, need some

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers, Have some, need some: Am new here. Have Drivers for an HP Deskjet 560c. Would like to leave them somewhere they can be shared. Need drivers for Okidata ML 186 Perfect would be to have those drivers for Windows, as well as for Microsoft Works 2.0 for DOS and Linux. I do understand Drivers for...
  10. Driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver causing BSOD: Im not sure what driver is causing it, so I was hoping someone could take a look at my dump files who knows what they are looking at. My specs are included in the folder. Thanks in advance for any help....