Windows 10: Have a really weird startup issue

Discus and support Have a really weird startup issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I installed the Fall CU, whenever I reboot, it takes upwards of 3-5 minutes to get to the desktop. I've got 'gadgets' that appear on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rzn6jw, Dec 5, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Have a really weird startup issue

Ever since I installed the Fall CU, whenever I reboot, it takes upwards of 3-5 minutes to get to the desktop. I've got 'gadgets' that appear on the right side of the screen (CPU usage, network meter, clock) so when I get to the desktop and am able to do anything (sometimes the desktop appears and it's 2-3 minutes later before I can do anything) I always have to right-click and then select 'gadgets' to make them appear.

Recently I installed a new Corsair H80i water cooling system on the PC. After installation, I powered the PC on and, wonder of wonders, the desktop appeared within 45 seconds and I was able to do everything on it - even the gadgets appeared without me doing anything. Thinking this was a fluke, I shutdown the PC, waited for about 1 minute, and powered on. Bingo, desktop and gadgets in 45 seconds.

BUT, this only works if I do a 'shutdown', not a 'restart'. If I 'restart' it's back to the 5 minute thing. I'm using a Gigabyte mobo, so, for any power up (power button press, or system restart), power comes on for about 2 seconds, goes off for about 2 seconds, and then resumes (this is a Gigabyte mobo BIOS thing).

Any ideas out there on the issue using 'restart' vs 'shutdown'? Since the power is removed from the mobo for both sequences, although less time for a 'restart', memory should be cleared (right) but this has got me stumped.

Thanks.

:)

rzn6jw, Dec 5, 2017
  2. BasiCoder Win User

My laptop have a really weird problem.., so with my laptop turned off i try to turn them on and nothing, but if i randomly click any key in the keyboard i'm able to turn them on

Yeah i thought it too xDD, but the this is what could be wrong?? the keyboard is like the center of everything, but it's strange is like if the computer itself need a permission of the keyboard to go on, and that's not possible, so i get no clue about
    it can be...

BasiCoder, Dec 5, 2017
  3. My laptop have a really weird problem.., so with my laptop turned off i try to turn them on and nothing, but if i randomly click any key in the keyboard i'm able to turn them on

If you are having trouble powering ON your computer - that is NOT a Windows issue. Sounds like something is wrong with your hardware.

Shenan Stanley, Dec 5, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Shutdown saves the current state of the pc and restart does a clean start so its something on start have you checked taskmanager and see what takes the time it gives startup impact on items

Samuria, Dec 5, 2017
  5. rzn6jw Win User
    Great answer. Thanks. I'll check startup time impacts.

rzn6jw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Have a really weird startup issue - Similar Threads - really weird startup

2. Really weird wifi problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Really weird wifi problems.: Alright so I have been getting this weird issue with packet loss. Some times when I am connected to my Wi-Fi I get 1-30 mbps but my normal is 200+ upload and download. But that is only 1 part of the problem the other problem is packet loss for no reason at all and some times...
  3. Really weird wifi problems.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Really weird wifi problems.: Alright so I have been getting this weird issue with packet loss. Some times when I am connected to my Wi-Fi I get 1-30 mbps but my normal is 200+ upload and download. But that is only 1 part of the problem the other problem is packet loss for no reason at all and some times...
  4. This is really weird if true

in Windows 10 Support
    This is really weird if true: Came across this in my emails today and am wondering if it a genuine thing or not? Microsofts New Linux Distro Is a Warning Shot at Red Hat Review Geek 182872
  5. having a weird connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    having a weird connectivity issue: I have this weird issue where my computer says no internet, secured but I am still able to access web pages like ebay ,youtube, newegg etc. I can't open any games that require internet however. Same goes with steam when I launch them it says I'm not connected. I've made sure...
  6. A really weird problem

A really weird problem: every time a new windows (or nvidia) update comes out if I'm playing a game it turns off my pc, then to turn it on again I have to turn off PSU with a little button on the back, plug the power cable out of the PSU plug it back again, it that order it doesn't work if I just...
  7. Really weird microphone problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Really weird microphone problem: Hey guys, I need your help with the weirdest Realtek microphone problem I have had since a week or two. When I go to the microphone settings I can see the blue bar moving up and down meaning the microphone still detects sound. But since it is not working of course I...
  8. Windows is getting really weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is getting really weird: So one day when I downloaded Oracle VirtualBox and tried running it I got a blue screen, when restarting it always tells me "we can't sign into your account" even though I tried again and again. So I decided to reset it while keeping the personal files. And after restarting...
  9. Mouse being really weird.

Mouse being really weird.: As of recently, my mouse has been acting really weird. To put it short, whenever I try to scroll up/down, it does the opposite, almost cancelling out the main action, making it hard to scroll up or down. And even when I don't scroll and just try to click on a reddit post...
  10. Mouse feels really weird !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse feels really weird !: hello , first of all i wanna say sorry for my bad english second i have a problem since 2 days so im a competetive csgo player and i downloaded a game called need for speed after i downloaded that my mouse felt like gliding on ice and not being 1to1 precise so i was like ok...