Windows 10: Have activation issues on Microsoft 10 again, 4th time, and Cortana issues for the two...

Discus and support Have activation issues on Microsoft 10 again, 4th time, and Cortana issues for the two... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Every time Windows does a major update I'm suddenly no longer activated. I'd upgraded from 7 to 10 when free. I get the watermark, can't personalize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cherowolf, Feb 12, 2019.

1. cherowolf Win User

Have activation issues on Microsoft 10 again, 4th time, and Cortana issues for the two...

Every time Windows does a major update I'm suddenly no longer activated. I'd upgraded from 7 to 10 when free. I get the watermark, can't personalize my screen, all sorts of issues. Also, Cortana is a pain and I cannot shut her off. I play video games and "she" keeps popping up during play and it kicks me out of the game. Finally, out of desperation last night, after 4 hours of attempting suggestions to activate, I contacted what I thought was Microsoft support. When I typed in the search box, that's what I typed in. The top result had the heading "Help with Microsoft" so I clicked. Asked me for 5 bucks, which I thought was strange, but the words Microsoft and Windows were all over the place so I gave my credit card number. Then received about 8 emails from "JustAsk" saying they charged me 780 pesos (I live in Mexico) and never gave me any online answers. I'm also, supposedly, now a permanent client with a monthly fee. I never asked for, signed up for, nor did I agree to the "free trial." So, this has become a problem, computer usage, game usage, and now bank usage. Suggestions? Please.

:)

cherowolf, Feb 12, 2019

2. Graphics Issue/video/cortana issues SP4

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the Surface Pro 4 device, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the game which is causing this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if it helps.

Steps to Update
    Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Method 2: As you are unable to access the videos from Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to access the video from Internet Explorer and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
        More Action at the right top corner.

• Click on Settings, click on
        Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

• Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
        Clear.

• Close the browser and try to open it again.

Method 3: As you are facing issues with accessing Cortana, I suggest you to turn off Cortana, restart the device, turn on Cortana and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 12, 2019
  3. ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Have activation issues on Microsoft 10 again, 4th time, and Cortana issues for the two...

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Have activation issues on Microsoft 10 again, 4th time, and Cortana issues for the two...

1. Have activation issues on Microsoft 10 again, 4th time, and Cortana issues for the two... - Similar Threads - activation issues Microsoft

2. Issue with Cortana

in Cortana
    Issue with Cortana: My Cortana is not showing the notebook option. I have tried settings but there is no option related to notebook. Can you please help. I am also sharing a screenshot of my problem.[ATTACH]...
  3. cortana issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cortana issues: for some reason with a new windows update cortana will open when i press windows+c. i had this disabled on previous versions of windows but the setting for it seems to be removed. cortana is mentioned nowhere in windows settings and i have no way to turn it of inside cortana...
  4. Issues with Cortana

in Cortana
    Issues with Cortana: Hi there! So, I'm trying to use cortana to open programs, set reminders etc and the only that she will do is search bing. I've looked for solutions, but most require me to turn off bing, or turn off cortana suggestions. The thing is, I do not have "Cortana and search...
  5. cortana issue

in Cortana
    cortana issue: Hi I am Charan I have updated Cortana to the latest version but still it shows that "Wake word Cortana " is not available do I have a issue in windows Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-issue/70b81440-1694-4c78-a27f-6353f497e895
  6. Issue with cortana

in Cortana
    Issue with cortana: Hi Everyone, I have this issue with using Cortana, where it won't open up when I am in the START full screen. It works fine when I am in another window or when using START small screen. Looking for a way to fix this glitch, it would be great if anyone could help me to...
  7. CORTANA ISSUE

in Windows 10 Customization
    CORTANA ISSUE: [ATTACH]I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE SPEECH LANGUAGE PACK ENGLISH INDIAN BUT WHEN I INSTALL IT . THE WINDOWS SHOW THAT INSTALLATION FAILED . DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-issue/36449079-17d5-40c7-ab1e-a48b41b03c8d
  8. Just curious, having issues with Microsoft store again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just curious, having issues with Microsoft store again: hi, :). We just had a user update to the latest version of Windows 10 vs 1903 yesterday and the microsoft store apps are no longer working again. I have tried all of the "fixes" found online. Just curious if this is a known issue and if I should just let sleeping dogs lie...
  9. Having an activation issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having an activation issue: A while ago I downloaded and installed the free Win 10 single language home version iso and got a activation code. Now it's telling me my activation will end soon and to click on Settings/Activate. Tried it several times but nothing happens. Tried my old Win 7 key but had no...
  10. Cortana Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Issues: I am having trouble with Cortana. It will work at first and for a while and then it will not open the web pages. It makes the sound like it is going to go to the web page but it does not. What can I do to "debug" this issue? I can still use the search by typing it in and it...