Windows 10: Have an extra keyboard that I don't know the origin of in the Language Bar want to remove it

Discus and support Have an extra keyboard that I don't know the origin of in the Language Bar want to remove it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I don't understand how come I have this English United Kingdom keyboard since I haven't set it up myself. Anyone know how I go about to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JW___, Jun 23, 2022.

1. JW___ Win User

Have an extra keyboard that I don't know the origin of in the Language Bar want to remove it

Hi everyone! I don't understand how come I have this English United Kingdom keyboard since I haven't set it up myself. Anyone know how I go about to remove it?

:)

JW___, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared in the taskbar:

Have an extra keyboard that I don't know the origin of in the Language Bar want to remove it [​IMG]

This wastes space on the taskbar. I would rather use that space to display other things. I only want the floating language bar, but I can't find settings anywhere to remove the taskbar langage display.
    If I minimize the floating language bar, I end up with both language bars on the taskbar:

Have an extra keyboard that I don't know the origin of in the Language Bar want to remove it [​IMG]
    Any suggestions?

This is Windows 10 64-bit. I just installed Cumulative Update 1803, but this problem has existed for at least a few weeks.

ChochoYubi, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Have an extra keyboard that I don't know the origin of in the Language Bar want to remove it

Can't remove extra language in language bar

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre for Directly, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Have an extra keyboard that I don't know the origin of in the Language Bar want to remove it

1. Have an extra keyboard that I don't know the origin of in the Language Bar want to remove it - Similar Threads - extra keyboard don't

2. Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.: Received a laptop as a gift from a friend, that came in another language. Did some stuff after searching the web and changed every language to English. Only extra thing that stayed and I want it removed is from the Language Input when pressing shift+alt has a language I don't...
  3. Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.: Received a laptop as a gift from a friend, that came in another language. Did some stuff after searching the web and changed every language to English. Only extra thing that stayed and I want it removed is from the Language Input when pressing shift+alt has a language I don't...
  4. There is an extra keyboard layout in Language bar that I cannot change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is an extra keyboard layout in Language bar that I cannot change?: I use English US as display language in Windows and programs. However, I use Serbian Latin as a keyboard layout for writing and using diacritics. Sometimes I write papers in Serbian and sometimes in English always using Serbian keyboard layout. Recently I bought a new...
  5. There is an extra keyboard layout in Language bar that I cannot change?

There is an extra keyboard layout in Language bar that I cannot change?: I use English US as display language in Windows and programs. However, I use Serbian Latin as a keyboard layout for writing and using diacritics. Sometimes I write papers in Serbian and sometimes in English always using Serbian keyboard layout. Recently I bought a new...
  6. Cannot Remove language I don't want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Remove language I don't want: I cannot remove my afrikan from my language bar I did everything chatGPT told me to do still doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-language-i-dont-want/3dcbc5fb-880a-4a38-8b3a-37e3c4c15df9
  7. Cannot Remove language I don't want

Cannot Remove language I don't want: I cannot remove my afrikan from my language bar I did everything chatGPT told me to do still doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-language-i-dont-want/3dcbc5fb-880a-4a38-8b3a-37e3c4c15df9
  8. Have an extra keyboard that I don't know the origin of in the Language Bar want to remove it

Have an extra keyboard that I don't know the origin of in the Language Bar want to remove it: Hi everyone! I don't understand how come I have this English United Kingdom keyboard since I haven't set it up myself. Anyone know how I go about to remove it?...
  9. W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout: I want to remove ENG English US and Japanese Microsoft IME layouts options number 2 and number 3. I Want International layout since i need accents because I live in a latam country :DBut i don't' know how. This is my language and region settingsI mainly want to remove options...
  10. Can't remove extra language option in langauge bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove extra language option in langauge bar: Hi, I have just reinstalled windows10 on my laptop, after the installation, there are 4 language options yet in the language preference settings, there are only 3. How can I remove the additional one? Thanks for your help! [ATTACH]...