Windows 10: Have an issue while upgrading windows 10

Discus and support Have an issue while upgrading windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i downloaded windows 10 iso latest and mouted on drive for upgrade keeping files and settings.. at the end i received this as it did undoing changes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ajayhirur, Aug 22, 2020.

1. ajayhirur Win User

Have an issue while upgrading windows 10

i downloaded windows 10 iso latest and mouted on drive for upgrade keeping files and settings.. at the end i received this as it did undoing changes to the computer...
    error is " 0x800F0830-0X20003 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_UPDATES operation "...

please tell how to upgrade without error keeping files and settings.. my version of windows 10 pro is 2004 edition..

pc specs fx6300. r9 280 , 8 gb ram, 1tb seagate baracudda .

:)

ajayhirur, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Have an issue while upgrading windows 10 - Similar Threads - issue while upgrading

2. Having an issue upgrading to windows pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having an issue upgrading to windows pro: I bought Window 10 / 11 Pro from Microsoft. I had it on an older laptop, I deactivated laptop from micro account, uninstalled windows 11 Pro, reinstalled windows.I bought a new laptop with windows 11 home. I tried reinstalling windows 10/11 pro on the new laptop but not able...
  3. Having an issue upgrading to windows pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having an issue upgrading to windows pro: I bought Window 10 / 11 Pro from Microsoft. I had it on an older laptop, I deactivated laptop from micro account, uninstalled windows 11 Pro, reinstalled windows.I bought a new laptop with windows 11 home. I tried reinstalling windows 10/11 pro on the new laptop but not able...
  4. Having issues upgrading my windows 8.1 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having issues upgrading my windows 8.1 to windows 10: Hi Microsoft i´m currently having a hard time upgrading my windows 8.1 to windows 10, i have tried four times today via the Media Creation Tool and it closed down during the installation process every timeat 73-74% and tells me "Installation af windows 10...
  5. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear micro soft, I am unable to upgrade wind 10 i have got an error during booth operation as below, please visit: http//go.microsoft.com/?Link ID528892 Please assist, Thanks , Prajwal ***PII Removed for privacy*** ***Original title: Regarding wind.. upgration frpm...
  6. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I keep getting this message: WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" ***Original title:Failed windows 10 upgrade from windows 7*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-while-upgrading-from-windows-7-to-windows/a582d206-422c-41c1-a883-2a8266d0a301
  7. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I tried to upgrde from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i have error. Safe_os and migrate_ data ***Original title: Windows 10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-while-upgrading-from-windows-7-to-windows/3cc7de44-f740-41f6-9934-e79fef62b01a
  8. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello All, Custom build PC. Has been running fine for years with updates on Windows 7 Pro. Looking to update to Windows 10 via in-place USB method created from mediacreationtool. 1. Computer is fully updated with drivers from manufacturers. Gigabyte board, etc, etc. 2....
  9. Error while upgrading to Windows 10

Error while upgrading to Windows 10: Windows 10 Update error 0x80190197-0x90019 Original title: Windows 10 Update there was a problem with windows 10 update running tool Error Code 0x80190197-0x90019 I bought a desktop Wind 7 single language but i can not update to the windows 10 pls help me...
  10. Issues while using Maps after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues while using Maps after upgrading to Windows 10: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I cannot get Maps to work on my computer. It starts up fine, displays maps, finds a location on the map, but it will not give me directions. It just sits there and whirrrrs (the little spinner is relentless!) but...