Windows 10: have application window always open in the same location?

Discus and support have application window always open in the same location? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; every time I open the "application" the window is always in a different spot, is there any way to get it to always open in the upper left corner,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by N00byDoo, Jun 25, 2020.

1. N00byDoo Win User

have application window always open in the same location?

every time I open the "application" the window is always in a different spot, is there any way to get it to always open in the upper left corner, without any 3rd party software? Like a shortcut script or something?

any help is greatly appreciated!

Windows Version Number 2004

:)

N00byDoo, Jun 25, 2020
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when the computer doesn’t work properly. However, we will need some information from you:

• Are you facing this issue with all the applications or with specific application?

You can change the size for opening of the program as Normal Window, Maximized or Minimized. Please follow the steps mentioned below to change the settings:

• Right click on the icon of the application and click on Properties.
    • Under Run select the size of the window from the drop-down list.
    • Now, click on Apply and OK.

Ideally, the applications are opened on the same position on the screen as they were closed last time. This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to create a new user account, and
    check if the issue persists. Follow the steps from the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 to create
    a new user account.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. have application window always open in the same location? - Similar Threads - application window always

2. Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application: How do I force Win 11 to open only 1 instance of an app when I select it's icon from the toolbar or desktop? In Win 10, when I opened an app such as Notepad, I could then open my browser or any other app and Notepad would be minimized on the toolbar unless I had the Windows...
  3. Help with having an application always open on primary monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with having an application always open on primary monitor?: Hello. I use two monitors. I always want my internet browser window to open on the primary monitor. I know one solution is to drag the window to the right monitor, close it, and then it will remember that next time. Problem is, I actively use my internet browser on my...
  4. all icon open the same application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all icon open the same application: Suddenly the icons in my computer changed. They all open the same application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-open-the-same-application/51e81ed8-56d4-4693-a621-085e48686a53
  5. How do have Explorer always have same settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do have Explorer always have same settings: I want to have details of files view and ordered by date modified. Not much to ask for? How can I get this as my default view? The WORST thing... A folder with music mp3 files I get some crazy columns like artist and track length or something - none of which I want I...
  6. Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening: I tried the suggested steps: Right click on the icon of the application and click on Properties. Under Run select the size of the window from the drop-down list. Now, click on Apply and OK. I am unable to find a run tab in Properties. Is there anyone that can show the...
  7. windows not opening in the same location

windows not opening in the same location: Hello, How can I get the windows to open in the same location I close them? Very frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-not-opening-in-the-same-location/90a1ce52-069c-4407-9b14-51496bd9e3c0
  8. Get a location of application in open with list of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get a location of application in open with list of Windows 10: Today after system restore I found a suspicious application with the name %1 in open with list of application that can open JPG images. So, I want to know where this application installed on my hard-drive. I tried searching in the registry but there were very many entries...
  9. Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening: Each time when I open the different programs that I have installed in my system, then upon opening the programs, windows 10 doesn't remember the size of the window of those programs also that they were placed at what position on the screen last time, and this causes me...
  10. How get files to open in same open application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How get files to open in same open application: I've been using a Photostyler image editing program for many years. On Windows XP and previous OP systems, if you click on sequential (say *.jpg) files in Explorer, the first file you click on opens PhotoStyler and displays the image; then subsequent files clicked on opens...