Windows 10: Have dead end shortcuts auto deleted on click?

Discus and support Have dead end shortcuts auto deleted on click? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to have shortcuts whose file/folder no longer exists be deleted when you click them, instead of showing that "Problem with shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ReallyFrustratd, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Have dead end shortcuts auto deleted on click?

Is there any way to have shortcuts whose file/folder no longer exists be deleted when you click them, instead of showing that "Problem with shortcut message" , then delete it. basically skip a step?

EDIT: I guess I should go into more detail, I made a batch script that creates shortcuts for some files I need to check, the problem is it creates the shortcut weather the file exists yet, or not. So since I cant fix that issue id like the shortcut to be deleted when i click it, if the file does not exist.

:)

ReallyFrustratd, Sep 23, 2020

2. Delete auto suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are wiling to delete Auto suggestion of previous search suggestions on Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Tools (Ring) icon at the right top.
    • Click on the Advanced tab then scroll down to Enable Suggested Sites and uncheck the box to turn it off then click Ok.

Have dead end shortcuts auto deleted on click? 451x569x3suggest.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ovy3-RQK8e.png

• Close Internet Explorer and restart it and see if it brings any difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with the information required, current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Have dead end shortcuts auto deleted on click?

w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Have dead end shortcuts auto deleted on click?

1. Have dead end shortcuts auto deleted on click? - Similar Threads - dead end shortcuts

2. click "dead zone"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    click "dead zone": So whenever I click on the middle of the screen the program I use clicks out and it is getting very annoying. I have to minimize the screen and drag it to an area where it responds.* Any suggestions would be a great help.Device specs: Version: Windows 11 Home, v.22H1. Dell...
  3. click "dead zone"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    click "dead zone": So whenever I click on the middle of the screen the program I use clicks out and it is getting very annoying. I have to minimize the screen and drag it to an area where it responds.* Any suggestions would be a great help.Device specs: Version: Windows 11 Home, v.22H1. Dell...
  4. Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.: I've tried putting it in the recycle bin and it just won't work. I've tried using the delete key. I've tried just normally deleting it and nothing is working. By the way, with windows 11, why aren't my advanced function keys working anymore? I use a laptop....
  5. Dead App Shortcut Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead App Shortcut Icon: I uninstalled a program in Windows 11 but the App Icon still appears in the Start Menu. I won't let me uninstall it. It looks like it's just a dead Icon. I tried going to C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs but the program for this App is not listed. The App...
  6. Dead App Shortcut Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead App Shortcut Icon: I uninstalled a program in Windows 11 but the App Icon still appears in the Start Menu. I won't let me uninstall it. It looks like it's just a dead Icon. I tried going to C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs but the program for this App is not listed. The App...
  7. I am at a dead end

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am at a dead end: Hello to everyone and I hope that you are doing well I happen to have an old system with the following specs: CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: Geforce 9600 GT RAM: 2GB DDR2 800Mhz MOBO: Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L PSU: A very cheap one This system used to work as it should. Then, one...
  8. Auto click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto click: it’s just a square that auto clicks a corner for a few seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-click/2533a556-8bb0-4e0c-9cbf-da3be054f142
  9. Is there a keyboard shortcut to delete everything from the insertion point to the end of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a keyboard shortcut to delete everything from the insertion point to the end of...: On macOS, Control-K deletes everything from the insertion point to the end of the line. Does Windows have a shortcut for this too? submitted by /u/shiningmatcha [link] [comments]...
  10. win10 dead end, on latest update ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 dead end, on latest update ?: Hi All. Trying to install the latest update. Ok going through the pages, I get the following.. Select or connect an external storage drive with at least 10 Gb free: Next page says .. External storage device ( D : ) 26.2 Gb Free... Also, at the bottom of the same page it...