Windows 10: Have "Documents" and "Videos" where they are supposed to be

Discus and support Have "Documents" and "Videos" where they are supposed to be in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I apologize for not giving a proper question title, but I don't know what exactly I'm asking for. I'm the most computer illiterate person you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by superluccix, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Have "Documents" and "Videos" where they are supposed to be

Hello, I apologize for not giving a proper question title, but I don't know what exactly I'm asking for. I'm the most computer illiterate person you will see. First some background information

This is a new computer my Dad got for me, so I was trying to transfer all of my files and stuff from my laptop to this computer, so I think I might have messed up something along the way. (Not sure if this is relevant, maybe you can skip)

And on top of that this is the first computer I've used where it has a D drive that I could save files to. Originally this computer was saving stuff to the C drive, which I normally would like, until I realized how small it was compared to the D Drive. So I transferred the "Users" folder from the C Drive to the D drive. So not sure if that has something to do with this. (Not sure if relevant, maybe you can skip)
    Ok so first, let me put a screenshot on what I'm currently looking at.
    Have "Documents" and "Videos" where they are supposed to be [​IMG]

Ok, so you see where on the left side under "Scott PC" it shows a "D:" and a "" folder sub folder thingy?

I'm wondering why the "D:" isn't just called a Documents and the "" isn't just called a Videos.

But this is where it gets more confusing for me. See the "D:" folder thing shows the same exact thing as the actual D Drive location

And the "" folder thing shows the same exact files as if I went to D Drive ->Users ->

Now I just realized as I was fiddling with these 2 open screens, and while typing this up, that when I delete something from the first image (the 1st one meaning the 1 on top of the 2nd image) I think, it deleted something from the 2nd image as well. So I guess one is just a shortcut version to the other one?

But regardless of what it is, I just really wanted to have the normal "Documents" and "Videos" where they are supposed to be. So if you can help I'd appreciate it, I know this was worded awkwardly.

:)

superluccix, Jan 19, 2016

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Jan 19, 2016
  3. okinawa---01, Jan 19, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Have "Documents" and "Videos" where they are supposed to be

5. Actually now that I think about it, those folders called "D:" and "" were already that way before I moved the User folder to the D Drive, so it must have been something before then. Sorry I guess I should have put that in the original post

Edit: Actually, maybe I should just change the question. Is there a way to *remove* the "D:" and "" folder from under the ScottPC, and then just manually add a "Documents" and "Videos" folder from there?

superluccix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Have "Documents" and "Videos" where they are supposed to be

1. Have "Documents" and "Videos" where they are supposed to be - Similar Threads - Documents Videos where

2. Square box on taskbar clock where ":" is supposed to be.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Square box on taskbar clock where ":" is supposed to be.: It appeared for no reason recently, any idea on how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/square-box-on-taskbar-clock-where-is-supposed-to/4ee7ff0f-3a0f-4c1e-96ba-9a413669fe1c
  3. Square box on taskbar clock where ":" is supposed to be.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Square box on taskbar clock where ":" is supposed to be.: It appeared for no reason recently, any idea on how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/square-box-on-taskbar-clock-where-is-supposed-to/4ee7ff0f-3a0f-4c1e-96ba-9a413669fe1c
  4. Square box on taskbar clock where ":" is supposed to be.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. In Paint 3D, where is this supposed "Export" Option?

In Paint 3D, where is this supposed "Export" Option?: I was trying to find the Paint 3D projects I was building, but they were not on OneDrive it is empty, in %localdata%, or in 3D Objects. So I found a response that suggested how to export the projects to my file system, here:...
  6. Where am I suppose to put applications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where am I suppose to put applications?: Sorry if it's a stupid question, but when you download an application where is the intended folder to best keep it organized? Are you suppose to put it in one of the hidden program files folders, just create your own folder ect... what was the intended design? submitted by...
  7. Where is the Registry Editor documentation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the Registry Editor documentation?: Where is the documentation for this stuff? I was just messing with some of the colors for fun, but I don't know what most of this stuff is and can't find any official docs on it. I mean some of them are obvious but I don't know what "button face" is for example. submitted by...
  8. Where to find documentation on WuMgr?

Where to find documentation on WuMgr?: I just installed WuMgr but I need to learn the product. There are several options to choose from. I'd like to find documentation about each option and maybe some example settings with explanations. The options are not self-explanatory to me. 128209
  9. Where are my documents?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are my documents?: Hi - my son upgraded his windows 8 laptop to windows 10 last weekend. All was fine until today, when he shutdown and restarted his computer. Now all his documents are gone. The "Documents" folder is still there, but it is empty. How does this happen? All his programs are...
  10. Where is install.wim supposed to be?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is install.wim supposed to be?: Some time after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I tried to create a recovery drive using Paragon's Recovery Media Builder (RMB). But it fails with Error 15: Unable to find install.wim. (I never had that problem on Windows 7.) OK, I understand that I was probably...