Windows 10: have file history drive problem

Discus and support have file history drive problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been getting a notice about my file history drive being unable to back up. I had to pay for Dell to fix it but the message keeps coming back.my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JessicaPreston2, Apr 21, 2019.

1. have file history drive problem

I've been getting a notice about my file history drive being unable to back up. I had to pay for Dell to fix it but the message keeps coming back.my file history is on but it has no drive to go to. I am not a technician so I have no idea how to fix this problem myself.

please help!

:)

JessicaPreston2, Apr 21, 2019

2. File History drive

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that if your File History drive has been disconnected for too long, or it doesn't have enough space to save temporary versions of your files. To continue saving copies of your files, you'll need to reconnect your File History drive.
    Plug in your external File History drive or reselect your network. You can start a backup manually or wait for the next scheduled backup or reselect the drive. Here is the steps:

To manually start a backup

• Open File History by pressing Windows key> type File History
      > Click on File History.

• Tap or click Back up now.

To reselect your drive

• Open File History by pressing Windows key> type File History
      > Click on File History.

• Tap or click Select drive.

• On the Select a File History drive page, tap or click your current drive or network location, and then tap or click
      OK.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Apr 21, 2019
  3. omkar Win User
    File history problem

have file history drive problem [​IMG]
    ok bro tell me when i am clicking on add a dive it is saying no usable drives found ? so what is the solution for this help in detail and step by step?

omkar, Apr 21, 2019
  4. GaryBetty Win User

have file history drive problem

How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

have file history drive problem

1. have file history drive problem - Similar Threads - file history drive

2. File History Drive Re-connect Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History Drive Re-connect Problems: Problem, After getting the up-grade to windows10 and an update myFile History Drive will not re-connect even after I follow all the instructions to reconnect it still refuses to reconnect, WHY? Please help with instructions to get reconnected....
  3. File History drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History drive: I keep getting reminders to reconnect my File History drive but I dont know how to do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-drive/a235d77c-2a4a-44ab-a636-059ad866d9d1
  4. File History Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File History Drive: I have lost my file history drive , is there anything I can do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-drive/17d5237c-a1a9-4012-8ee9-272fd9f6ae1c
  5. File History Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History Drive: I keep getting a Dialog Box saying my File History Drive was disconnected for too long. How do I reconnect it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-drive/442571f2-fe20-44be-8691-d86db17a37d6"
  6. File history drive

File history drive: I try to do a back-up but keep getting "reconnect file history drive". I use a 64G memory stick but nothing works. HELP?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-drive/34bd6a18-5ded-4c05-81c3-6c41f0b751a4
  7. file history drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    file history drive: can anyone help me to rehook up my file history drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-drive/52df8658-6058-4a94-acf4-83ce852d6d00
  8. File History problems

File History problems: I have Windows 10 and file history is set to operate and store files on an external drive. But I don't see anything on that drive called file history. Plus, as it is almost full, I added a new drive for file history, at least temporarily. But now I need to find previous...
  9. File History Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Drive: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to stop a maintenance message"file history drive has been disconnected too long-reconnect drive"from displaying. I only connect my WD Passport drive backup drive once a month and do not need to be be informed that it is disconnected. Thanx...
  10. File History Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File History Problems: I searched the forum for "File History Problems" with no success, perhaps this should be under Performance/Maintenance? Thanks in advance for the past valuable hints, tips, guidance over the years from TenForums as well as 8 over recent years without having to actually ask...