Windows 10: Have had consistent crashes the past few months

Discus and support Have had consistent crashes the past few months in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a system I built myself, a Ryzen 5 and AMD 580, and have had consistent crashes I believe are cause by the graphics card. below is the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SeanHaggard1226, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Have had consistent crashes the past few months

I have a system I built myself, a Ryzen 5 and AMD 580, and have had consistent crashes I believe are cause by the graphics card. below is the latest error I receive

Source

Windows

Summary

Shut down unexpectedly

Date

‎3/‎31/‎2020 3:00 PM

Status

Not reported

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 116

Parameter 1: ffffa68fd6ba4010

Parameter 2: fffff8005d960818

Parameter 3: ffffffffc0000001

Parameter 4: 3

OS version: 10_0_18363

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Seems to happen whenever I accidentally bump my pc or when I run a game at a higher resolution then it can technically support. I have no problem playing at a lower resolution but if my desktop resolution is still too high then it also causes a crash.

:)

SeanHaggard1226, Mar 31, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 31, 2020
  3. 56Kruiser Win User
    Consistent crashes - related to hpcommrecovery...

I have yet to do the long list of instructions. This status update indicates why...
    I went into Services from Task Manager and set the hpcommrecovery to manual. It's been a few days now since I did that, and it has stopped the problem. I captured the screen on the details, and it doesn't tell me much. I searched on some of the data in that report and came up with nothing.

Have had consistent crashes the past few months [​IMG]

At this point, I'm wondering if I will miss hpcommrecovery. From what I find, this is what it does:

At this point, I'm not sure it's worth the effort you folks would put in supporting me as I step through the list of tasks.

I'll be glad to go ahead and do that if someone indicates I should resolve this.

I appreciate the help here.

56Kruiser, Mar 31, 2020
  4. StuC33 Win User

Have had consistent crashes the past few months

Windows 10 Crashes consistently.

After upgrading my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 back in July, windows 10 has crashed consistently every 3 to 6 days. Back at the start of october i did a clean install of windows 10 hoping that it would solve the problem it didnt. Even after the
    inital clean install it ccrashed after 10 days then went back to crashing every 3 to 6. I upgraded to the november upgraded and you guessed it, the crashing is back, this is getting very annoying and frustrating because i simply do not know what is causing
    my laptop to crash so consistently. Windows 10 would simply crash then restart 4 minutes later and would be fine, everything works and then 3 to 6 days later it would crash restart etc etc. I should point out, when i was on 8.1 i got zero crashes. Can someone
    explain if they know whats happening or has happened and any suggestions to eradicate the problem / problems ?

StuC33, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Have had consistent crashes the past few months

1. Have had consistent crashes the past few months - Similar Threads - consistent crashes past

2. Having a lot of issues for past few months!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a lot of issues for past few months!: Windows was unable to install updates of December so I was waiting for the January Update and now there are two updates to install and it still not installing updates. Tried restarting the PC, Troubleshooting, and it shows "Check for Windows Update issues" "detected" under "...
  3. Having a lot of issues for past few months!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a lot of issues for past few months!: Windows was unable to install updates of December so I was waiting for the January Update and now there are two updates to install and it still not installing updates. Tried restarting the PC, Troubleshooting, and it shows "Check for Windows Update issues" "detected" under "...
  4. Lots of crashes over the past few months, several vague leads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of crashes over the past few months, several vague leads: Hello, my computer has been crashing for SEVERAL various BSOD causes and despite me trying to fix it for months I have had no success. The reliability monitor has said "he computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" which does not help. Google + tom's hardware + microsoft forums...
  5. Lots of crashes over the past few months, several vague leads

Lots of crashes over the past few months, several vague leads: Hello, my computer has been crashing for SEVERAL various BSOD causes and despite me trying to fix it for months I have had no success. The reliability monitor has said "he computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" which does not help. Google + tom's hardware + microsoft forums...
  6. Lots of crashes over the past few months, several vague leads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months

I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months: And they all seem to be from different sources. If anyone has suggestions, I would be very grateful. Is there are way to attach dump files? I can send 2, or 6 if that helps....
  8. I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months: And they all seem to be from different sources. If anyone has suggestions, I would be very grateful. Is there are way to attach dump files? I can send 2, or 6 if that helps....
  9. I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months

10. Numerous issues over the past few months

Numerous issues over the past few months: I have a custom built PC that I've had for about three years, but over the past few months I've been getting strange BSOD's. When I leave my PC turned off for a few hours, the first time I boot it up it will crash after a completely random period of time. After it restarts,...