Windows 10: Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.

Discus and support Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Want to run it on new Dell laptop to retrieve a ton of data. Keeps telling me I need permission. Works fine if I place laptop in Safe mode. Anyone find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by prviau, May 16, 2017.

1. prviau Win User

Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.

Want to run it on new Dell laptop to retrieve a ton of data. Keeps telling me I need permission. Works fine if I place laptop in Safe mode. Anyone find a simpler way to do this?

:)

prviau, May 16, 2017

2. whn I insert my external hard drive and play a movie there is a message on screen from windows script host saying cannot find script file F:\.Trashes\872\lktfm.jse

yes sir it belongs to me.almost 1 yr since I have this hard drive

KrizZombie, May 16, 2017
  3. KB3185614

as a matter of interest does yr computer have an ssd hard drive. I have 3 laptops with windows 10 . it is the 2 with ssd drives that are causing the problems. the 3rd has a conventional hard drive and updates with no problems .

martinmarsland, May 16, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
Thema:

Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.

1. Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba. - Similar Threads - hard drive old

2. Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.: I am running Windows 10 964 BIT) I want to access the data on an old hard drive that still has an old version of windows on it. (I have a docking facility.) How do I do that without the two operating systems conflicting?...
  3. Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB

Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB: Hello, I have the above HDD and used it for storage for some while. I can no longer access the device. When I connect it to my laptop a light inside the unit flashes indicating it is receiving power. However, when I try to access the unit through "this pc" it is not showing...
  4. reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no...: reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no installation disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-10-on-a-new-ssd-hard-drive/499e6420-936f-446c-a65a-9c590dfb6e3b
  5. Toshiba Satellite laptop hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba Satellite laptop hard drive replacement: I recently replaced my hard drive in my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was running the Windows 10 upgrade 1809 when my hard drive went out. I went to a computer shop & bought a Toshiba 500 GB hard drive. It had a 320 GB Seagate in it before. My question is . I keep getting...
  6. Toshiba external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba external hard drive: windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?...
  7. How do I create and configure a new local group (for my 3 yr old)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I create and configure a new local group (for my 3 yr old): I want to create a user group that can only click the start button and only open the games I have pinned to the start menu so that I can create a local account for my 3 year old and put him in it. I do not want to, will not, use a Microsoft account. Actually, I want to...
  8. Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive

Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive: Just this evening I found the external hard drive used with our last PC. I have not connected it to our current PC in fear of making some dreadful mistake. My goal is to retrieve all jpg image files from that old drive. Note, I use File History to save files from our current...
  9. Toshiba external hard drive not detectible

Toshiba external hard drive not detectible: I have a Toshiba DWC250 5TB external drive formatted ReFS that I cannot detect in either Disk Management or by using DiskPart/List Disk. Cabling and power are sound. The unit is not user serviceable because the case is not designed to be opened. I use it in a storage pool on...
  10. Copy images files from old hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy images files from old hard drive to another: I found an old hard drive which I want to format, not before I transfer all the photos there, It's just that it's so old I wanted to know if there's a faster way than to search for them. Maybe there's a way to find all images files (jpeg, png) and copy them? ty 66410