Windows 10: Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.

Discus and support Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Want to run it on new Dell laptop to retrieve a ton of data. Keeps telling me I need permission. Works fine if I place laptop in Safe mode. Anyone find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by prviau, May 16, 2017.

1. prviau Win User

Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.

Want to run it on new Dell laptop to retrieve a ton of data. Keeps telling me I need permission. Works fine if I place laptop in Safe mode. Anyone find a simpler way to do this?

:)

prviau, May 16, 2017

2. whn I insert my external hard drive and play a movie there is a message on screen from windows script host saying cannot find script file F:\.Trashes\872\lktfm.jse

yes sir it belongs to me.almost 1 yr since I have this hard drive

KrizZombie, May 16, 2017
  3. KB3185614

as a matter of interest does yr computer have an ssd hard drive. I have 3 laptops with windows 10 . it is the 2 with ssd drives that are causing the problems. the 3rd has a conventional hard drive and updates with no problems .

martinmarsland, May 16, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
Thema:

Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.

1. Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba. - Similar Threads - hard drive old

2. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  3. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  4. Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive compatibility

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive compatibility: My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing a Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive for setup. The drive was put in a drawer and forgotten, and just pulled out. Box says it's compatible with pre-Windows 10 OS. Anybody know how to make it work with Windows 10?...
  5. How to have access to an old hard drive ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to have access to an old hard drive ?: My little brother recently broke my laptop and it said that the hard drive was un detectable, so i got it changed and the repairman said that i lost access to all the data on the thing. Isn't there an other way to access ? I have work and precious family pictures on the fella...
  6. Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive: Drive won't be recognized by Windows 10. Toshiba states it's because of a windows 10 update. How do I remedy this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-1tb-external-hard-drive/c97c98c0-f558-41d9-9099-f8690942888e
  7. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  8. Toshiba external hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba external hard drive not recognized: [ATTACH] This is a Toshiba 3Tb external hard drive I have used in the past and it worked fine until one day I got this error. I have tried updating drivers, windows says I have the latest version. I've looked into partitioning, windows doesn't even show the hard drive. I...
  9. Toshiba external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba external hard drive: windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?...
  10. Toshiba external hard drive not detectible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba external hard drive not detectible: I have a Toshiba DWC250 5TB external drive formatted ReFS that I cannot detect in either Disk Management or by using DiskPart/List Disk. Cabling and power are sound. The unit is not user serviceable because the case is not designed to be opened. I use it in a storage pool on...