Windows 10: have hp laptop getting two long blinks then two short blinks no display only mouse arrow...

Discus and support have hp laptop getting two long blinks then two short blinks no display only mouse arrow... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; have a hp lap top getting two long blinks then two short blinks no display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dean Siltman, Jul 15, 2020.

1. have hp laptop getting two long blinks then two short blinks no display only mouse arrow...

have a hp lap top getting two long blinks then two short blinks no display

:)

Dean Siltman, Jul 15, 2020
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 touch screen enabled has two blinking cursors. HELP

HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 upgrade with touch screen enabled has two blinking cursors and a shadow circle. HELP HOW DO I STOP THIS. I have tried the previous recommended methods 1 & 2.

PLEASE HELP.

JamesWernerSP, Jul 15, 2020
  4. have hp laptop getting two long blinks then two short blinks no display only mouse arrow...

My mouse keeps blinking

Original Title: Mouse Pointer

I have an HP Envy with Windows 10. My mouse keeps blinking on me whether I use wireless or keypad mouse.

How do I fix this

FrankRossi912, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

have hp laptop getting two long blinks then two short blinks no display only mouse arrow...

1. have hp laptop getting two long blinks then two short blinks no display only mouse arrow... - Similar Threads - laptop getting long

2. Display blinking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display blinking: I updated my graphics driver AMD Radeon, and after installation, my laptop restarted. Since then, i am not able to access any folder or software as the display is blinking continuously. I am not able to use my laptop. Please help....
  3. Display blinking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display blinking: I updated my graphics driver AMD Radeon, and after installation, my laptop restarted. Since then, i am not able to access any folder or software as the display is blinking continuously. I am not able to use my laptop. Please help....
  4. Display blinking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop is not getting on. Only power is blinking

Laptop is not getting on. Only power is blinking: PC was on and i was out for sometime. When i came back, i saw the pc in off state. When i pressed power button the power button glow for 2 sec and then went off. Again i pressed the power button again the same thing. I connected the power adaptor but, there is no sign of...
  6. Windows 10 mouse blinking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 mouse blinking: Ok, so every 10 seconds or so, the mouse starts blinking rapidly for around 3 seconds. I've looked everywhere and i cant find a solution. pls help its getting annoyting submitted by /u/lolfoxie [link] [comments]...
  7. In Photos, the two-direction cropping arrow symbol blinks in and out too rapidly and is...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    In Photos, the two-direction cropping arrow symbol blinks in and out too rapidly and is...: When I try to hold the mouse pointer exactly over the the first edge to be cropped of a photo in Photos, the two-direction cropping arrow is very hard to establish long enough to do the first crop because it blinks in and out of existence too quickly, even if I try hard and...
  8. Mouse Cursor turns into a circle with two arrows

Mouse Cursor turns into a circle with two arrows: So randomly since an update, now my cursor will turn into a circle with two arrows and is used to scroll down a web page. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-turns-into-a-circle-with-two-arrows/392639d1-479d-45a8-a420-2caac5a80145
  9. Laptops & Two Display

Laptops & Two Display: Had to use my Laptop as a Laptop. It's been a while, retired. Anyway Usually functions as my desktop with Windows 10. I use both the Touch Display on the Laptop as well as a Larger 2nd Display Touch Screen. Never have had issues. Well came back after 3 hours and plugged in...
  10. Mouse pointer blinking continiously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer blinking continiously: I am using windows 10 on my laptop. There is a problem with my mouse pointer. At the start up it continuously blinks and a loading blue circle comes, when I press f5 the blinking stops .But after sometime it again happens. Sometimes the pointer disappears from screen ,but on...