Windows 10: Have I been hacked?! (User already logged in)

Discus and support Have I been hacked?! (User already logged in) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i have a fairly fresh install of Windows 10 - i installed about a month ago. I keep my computer logged in and running 24/7. I have a small network... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Domiflichi, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Have I been hacked?! (User already logged in)

So i have a fairly fresh install of Windows 10 - i installed about a month ago. I keep my computer logged in and running 24/7.
    I have a small network with an old domain controller running Windows Server 2000 (yes thats correct).
    Every morning I unlock my windows 10 PC to start using it. This morning however, when i tried to unlock it, it said that there was another user already logged in! And it was the Administrator account, which I never use. And if i remember right it was the domain Administrator, not the local Administrator. So i freaked out and told it to go ahead and log that user out and log me in (as my usual user).
    I'm kind of freaking out here because this sounds like bad news and maybe i was hacked.
    Another strange thing is that i have a Windows 8.1 virtual machine running on this same PC, and when i tried unlocking it, the same thing happened - it said there was another user already logged in, and it wad the Administrator account.
    Was I hacked? Im freaking out a bit here.
    I dont use an email client, just gmail and i havent clicked on anything weird lately. The built in Windows 10 antivirus and firewall are enabled and running. This just doesnt make sense.
    Any tips, hints, info would be great if you've got them.
    Thank you!

:)

Domiflichi, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 1, 2020
  3. gypsycomp Win User
    hacked? - computer logged into user name I never use

I got home today and woke my laptop from hibernation and discovered it was logged into the Admin account, which I never use. I am the only one with overt access to my computer.
    I use a secured wifi, windows firewall (which may be my mistake), and AVG.
    It seems I may have been hacked.
    Any suggestions on discovering what may have happened and, if I was hacked, what I can do to protect myself?
    Thanks in advance.

gypsycomp, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Have I been hacked?! (User already logged in)

When a user logs in, other users are also logged in

Thank you for updating us. it is truly possible that another user is still being recognized by your operating system. To disconnect the other user logged in, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + Shift key + Esc
      to go to Task Manager.
    • Go to the Users tab.
    • If you see the other user there, right-click on it and press Disconnect.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Have I been hacked?! (User already logged in)

1. Have I been hacked?! (User already logged in) - Similar Threads - been hacked User

2. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been hacked?: I may have been hacking but my laptop has been lagging and when I turned it off and on it started diagnosig my pc which it always say it couldn't repair and I can't reset it or run a trouble shoot...nothing works I need help...
  3. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been hacked?: Hi! I was just using my laptop as normal watching YouTube when suddenly I seemed to lose control. The tabs Chrome froze and started flicking randomly, the mouse wouldn't move and a pop up window possible the start menu kept appearing and disappearing. I couldn't regain...
  4. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been hacked?: Hello, I am suspecting that my computer has been infected, well my two computers now as this is a clean install on this machine, but it was done with an usb stick which might have been corrupted. Would anyone be able to have a look at my scans and kindly offer an opinion? My...
  5. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have I been hacked?: Hello, I am suspecting that my computer has been infected, well my two computers now as this is a clean install on this machine, but it was done with an usb stick which might have been corrupted. Would anyone be able to have a look at my scans and kindly offer an opinion? My...
  6. Have I been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have I been hacked: Every time I boot up my PC my antivirus blocks 3-4 'Win32/UACBypassExp.T!proc' I've tried to run an offline check but it didn't work. I am not typing in any sensitive information on my PC as there could be a keylogger or something if someone could give me some help that would...
  7. I have been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been hacked: Split from this thread. i have been hacked....and am still hacked....i tried to do everything myself but getting to some sites i get internet blocked so i called att and internet ok so the problem is here in my pc...i wanted to do a reset taking me back before this year but...
  8. I have been hacked

I have been hacked: Split from this thread.I use Standard because it is a home Computer it is not for School, Business I have a few games, Facebook that the hacker has taken over . I am the Owner of this Computer and I am SICK OF THIS THEY USE MY INTERNET AND THERE IS ABOUT 5-6 OF THEM. Thank...
  9. I Have been Hacked

I Have been Hacked: I have been completely hacked, the hacker is doing it by cloning or coding something, as i get the two factor auth sms back with either a star * substitued for the last number of either of my mobiles or an i i replacing the @ symbol when microsoft confirms your change with an...
  10. Have I been hacked?! User already logged in

Have I been hacked?! User already logged in: So i have a fairly fresh install of Windows 10 - i installed about a month ago. I keep my computer logged in and running 24/7. I have a small network with an old domain controller running Windows Server 2000 yes that's correct. Every morning I unlock my windows 10 PC to start...