Windows 10: Have I been scammed?

Discus and support Have I been scammed? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Have I been scammed? My computer was running very slow and I kept getting a pop up window saying it has 5 drivers outdated with a help number, The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SandraBontly1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Have I been scammed?

Have I been scammed? My computer was running very slow and I kept getting a pop up window saying it has 5 drivers outdated with a help number, The advisor was very helpful and said I could update the 5 drivers for $39.99. As we got into downloading the drivers, he often complained about how slow my 3 or 4 year old Windows computer was, and he could help me with that. He asked for entrance into my computer and I accepted his request. He then showed me a report that was very negative and said he could fix it for a fee of $399. Told him I don't have that kind of money, he talked to a supervisor who said I could buy the help for $299. I repeatedly said I was on a fixed income and could not afford it. He wouldn't shut up and I hung up on him. Now he has my payment info and I don't know how to reverse that. And I not think the 5 drivers were ever downloaded.

:)

SandraBontly1, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User

Have I been scammed?

Smeed, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Have I been scammed?

1. Have I been scammed? - Similar Threads - been scammed

2. I am communicating on my iPad as my laptop computer has been locked with a scam HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am communicating on my iPad as my laptop computer has been locked with a scam HELP: My computer is blocked apparently with a scam and is asking me to call 1-833-444-2668. I’m contacting you on my iPad. How can I get this scam off my computer.?...
  3. I am communicating on my iPad as my laptop computer has been locked with a scam HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am communicating on my iPad as my laptop computer has been locked with a scam HELP: My computer is blocked apparently with a scam and is asking me to call 1-833-444-2668. I’m contacting you on my iPad. How can I get this scam off my computer.?...
  4. I am communicating on my iPad as my laptop computer has been locked with a scam HELP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I recently encountered a Microsoft support ad scam. How do I make sure I haven't been affected?

I recently encountered a Microsoft support ad scam. How do I make sure I haven't been affected?: Hello,Recently, as I was browsing the internet, my browser suddenly sent me to a suspicious site with a bunch of popups saying that my PC was infected and to click here or call a number to get help. I did not click on anything and left the site as soon as I possibly could,...
  6. I recently encountered a Microsoft support ad scam. How do I make sure I haven't been affected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently encountered a Microsoft support ad scam. How do I make sure I haven't been affected?: Hello,Recently, as I was browsing the internet, my browser suddenly sent me to a suspicious site with a bunch of popups saying that my PC was infected and to click here or call a number to get help. I did not click on anything and left the site as soon as I possibly could,...
  7. Phone link app shows txt messages that have been flagged as scam or spam. ref 1053859562

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link app shows txt messages that have been flagged as scam or spam. ref 1053859562: in the latest version of the Phonelink app on Windows v1.23032.196.0 Phone Link 1.23032.196.0 on Android - at the time of posting these appear to be the latest versionsmessages that are marked by my phone as scams or spam, and get hidden away on the phone messages app, don't...
  8. Phone link app shows txt messages that have been flagged as scam or spam. ref 1053859562

Phone link app shows txt messages that have been flagged as scam or spam. ref 1053859562: in the latest version of the Phonelink app on Windows v1.23032.196.0 Phone Link 1.23032.196.0 on Android - at the time of posting these appear to be the latest versionsmessages that are marked by my phone as scams or spam, and get hidden away on the phone messages app, don't...
  9. Have I been scammed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been scammed: Last month my desktop computer was blocked and I had to call this number to get help, +1 425-310-5434. A man called Thomas Maier said that I had no Firewall and no security on my computer, he used Ultraviewer to get access to my computer. I knew that my protection had run out...
  10. Have I been scammed

Have I been scammed: Last month my desktop computer was blocked and I had to call this number to get help, +1 425-310-5434. A man called Thomas Maier said that I had no Firewall and no security on my computer, he used Ultraviewer to get access to my computer. I knew that my protection had run out...