Windows 10: Have I bricked my Dell Optiplex? Can't access bios.

Discus and support Have I bricked my Dell Optiplex? Can't access bios. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was trying to clone a HDD using Acronis Disk Director. The app showed all drives ie the one to clone to, the usb flash drive and the main drive on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sean5302, Sep 19, 2020.

1. sean5302 Win User

Have I bricked my Dell Optiplex? Can't access bios.

I was trying to clone a HDD using Acronis Disk Director.
    The app showed all drives ie the one to clone to, the usb flash drive and the main drive on the pc.
    It appeared to be going OK but said the pc needed to restart. Strange, I thought.
    When it restarted, it couldn't find the boot manager file.
    The only option it gave was F12 which seems to be the bios one time update.
    No bios was present on my flash drive as I wasn't expecting to alter anything.
    I turned the pc off and now it seems the bios isn't present.

I disconnected everything, removed the cmos battery, pressed the power button for 10 seconds to discharge everything.
    Reconnected everything, but the screen is black.
    The pc fan runs and the DVD drive flashes for a few seconds, then nothing. The screen stays black. No startup logo, or anything else.
    I tried disconnecting the hdd and pressing F2 and Esc, but no joy.

I have a new bios on a usb flash drive but can't get anything to appear on screen.

Any help is greatly welcome, please.

:)

sean5302, Sep 19, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

I know nothing about Acronis, so I can't comment on that program's operation (I use Macrium Reflect).
    However, doing whatever disc operation should not have affected the BIOS. This suggests something else happened.

Do you get any other options with F12 at power on? e.g. accessing the Dell diagnostics on the hard drive is done through F12.

The CMOS reset procedure is to power off, disconnect the mains (AC) power cord from the power receptacle or at the power supply then hold power button in for about 10 seconds to drain any residual power. Then remove the CR2032 battery for at least 10 minutes. Then reinstall battery, reconnect mains and power on and try.

Dell has some BIOS recovery procedures. I don't remember if the 9010 is included in the BIOS recovery but if you are lucky it is and you can at least recover BIOS. If not you are probably looking at a motherboard replacement.
    https://www.dell.com/support/article...tablet?lang=en

fireberd, Sep 19, 2020
  3. TIMMY 067 Win User
    dell optiplex

I have the dell Optiplex works well but sometimes it seems like it freezes up or the HD-STOPS enjoy the system

any suggestions is there anything to turn off always a delay in typing

when i got it it was so fast

should i boot in safe mode what will that tell me?

thank you

TIMMY 067, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Have I bricked my Dell Optiplex? Can't access bios.

access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Have I bricked my Dell Optiplex? Can't access bios. - Similar Threads - bricked Dell Optiplex

2. No new BIOS update for my Dell OptiPlex 9020?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No new BIOS update for my Dell OptiPlex 9020?: Everytime when I go to that website it's always there's no BIOS update? Any ideas? Dell BIOS flaw affected 30 million Windows devices; Download fix today! 182694
  3. dell optiplex

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dell optiplex: Do VPN really do anything on my desktop is it good to have? Thank you TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex/d706ef1d-ed97-4c0b-826e-8f133fb7aa95
  4. dell optiplex my unit is a dell

dell optiplex my unit is a dell: what is the best tool to remove cookies beside internet options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex-my-unit-is-a-dell/1bd40ef8-55ed-4360-a226-c62fe82204c4
  5. dell optiplex my unit is a dell

dell optiplex my unit is a dell: Hi my dell OptiPlex runs great ran a diagnostic test what does this mean THANK YOU[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex-my-unit-is-a-dell/88b3ed60-3218-4ef0-b54a-effc14ca4107
  6. Dell optiplex

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell optiplex: Hi Is there anything else i can do to speed up my dell Optiplex Did all deleting of history etc still act very slow delay in typing also anything else i can try without resetting? Thank you TIMMY 1904 146929
  7. I may have bricked my bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I may have bricked my bios: So I was changing some settings in the bios on my HP 6300 Pro Sff and after I saved and exited the screen just went black and beeped once but didn't go any farther so after a couple times I got to the bios pending box at the logo screen saying changes have been made that are...
  8. dell optiplex my unit is a dell

dell optiplex my unit is a dell: [ATTACH]why do i receive this error when my product is dell Thank you 1904 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex-my-unit-is-a-dell/97dfca54-2bd4-4248-9162-6ea2d2b01b94
  9. dell optiplex

dell optiplex: the computer works great what does this mean [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex/85405d3d-2d31-45e8-b0eb-08127676e254
  10. The desktop in my office (Dell Optiplex 3020) can't access to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The desktop in my office (Dell Optiplex 3020) can't access to Internet: Well, the topic describe my problem, the Ethernet adapter is showing me unidentified network, which I don't know the cause and how to solve it, until now I have done the following method to solve the problem but no,it doesn't work: 1. disable and enable the adapter through...