Windows 10: Have I got a damaged HDD or what?

Discus and support Have I got a damaged HDD or what? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a week of issues recovering my desktop from blue screens galore I was finally able to run for a few hours and get my backup done and burn a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisMcNicol, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Have I got a damaged HDD or what?

After a week of issues recovering my desktop from blue screens galore I was finally able to run for a few hours and get my backup done and burn a repair DVD.

However The system is still giving messages that it needs to be scanned.

I ran the CHKDSK and got message "Windows unable to scan disc" then restarted and repaired as it told me to do and there were no notifications.

Tried running CHKDSK again and at some point got a blank screen (dark), then leaving it a while this turned to orange with blue stripes (pajama pattern).

Anyone know what's going on?

:)

ChrisMcNicol, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Have I got a damaged HDD or what?

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Have I got a damaged HDD or what?

1. Have I got a damaged HDD or what? - Similar Threads - got damaged HDD

2. What can I do if an external hdd's contents accidentally got deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do if an external hdd's contents accidentally got deleted?: Hello,My brother decided to install Windows 10 iso onto our external HDD. It shows that 32GB is formatted to FAT32, but the remaining 900GB is unallocated. Is there a way to recover the wiped files?...
  3. What can I do if an external hdd's contents accidentally got deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What can I do if an external hdd's contents accidentally got deleted?: Hello,My brother decided to install Windows 10 iso onto our external HDD. It shows that 32GB is formatted to FAT32, but the remaining 900GB is unallocated. Is there a way to recover the wiped files?...
  4. What can I do if an external hdd's contents accidentally got deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i got this masage what. what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i got this masage what. what to do: dllhost.exe system error The system detected a stack-based buffer overflow in this application. This overflow could allow a cybercriminal to gain control of the application....
  6. i got this masage what. what to do

in Windows 10 Customization
    i got this masage what. what to do: dllhost.exe system error The system detected a stack-based buffer overflow in this application. This overflow could allow a cybercriminal to gain control of the application....
  7. What have I got please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What have I got please: [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - the malwarebytes trial runs out in a few days. Will it stop blocking whatever it is blocking, and how do I stop it ? 167767
  8. Windows got damaged after updating to 20H1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows got damaged after updating to 20H1: I updated my Windows 10 version from 1909 to 2004. When i tried to boot up my laptop it crashes and shows that it is attempting repairs and stops working. I tried clicking on the restart button that appears on the screen but it is of no use....
  9. HDD damages by ram.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD damages by ram.: Hello all, I recently damaged my girlfriends HDD containing her Win10 pro with a bunch of Office goodies for school. I’ve been attempting several ways to fix the HDD on my PC with no avail. I’ve tried using Windows recovery environment, doesn’t help. I just end up in a...
  10. Photos got damaged after photo editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos got damaged after photo editing: After editing my photos in my windows 10 laptop black blocks appeared on the photos and spoilt them...please tell me how to recover my photos...Thanks...