Windows 10: Have I got the right graphics card/monitor driver

Discus and support Have I got the right graphics card/monitor driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi When I go to my device manager and look under Monitors I see Generic PnP Monitor, this laptop is a Hp Compaq Pavillion CQ57. Why do I have this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Nickynoo, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Nickynoo Win User

Have I got the right graphics card/monitor driver

Hi

When I go to my device manager and look under Monitors I see Generic PnP Monitor, this laptop is a Hp Compaq Pavillion CQ57. Why do I have this generic monitor loaded for my HP monitor?. I think Ive figured out what I need to do, go to device manager and uninstall the monitor entry. I need some advice, is this the correct way to do things, this is supposed to be a HD monitor and I having trouble displaying some HD movies, its been this way for years.

Nick

:)

Nickynoo, Nov 12, 2015

2. Monitor connected to laptop issues with Win 10

Hi I have just got rid of the error 43 and have new drivers for the graphics card. Win 10 is recognizing the Monitor correctly and says the graphics card is working fine. The monitor is connected to the laptop by HDMI cable monitor is Samsung Syncmaster
    P2770HD graphics card is Ati Radeon mobility 5600. But I stil cannot get Win 10 to accept that I want to connect the Monitor. I am at my wits end, HELP

MikeColeman53, Nov 12, 2015
  3. JRobertW Win User
    Windows Defender in Windows 10 Won't run

I had to roll back to Win 7 so I could install a graphics card that had Win 10 drivers. (VGA on a 22" monitor was unacceptable.)

The rollback worked as advertised - for me. From my experience, this is one thing Microsoft got right.

Fortunately, I didn't have MSE installed.

JRobertW, Nov 12, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

If your monitor is working ok now I would just leave it be. Right now the setting labeled "Generic PnP Monitor" is probably the "best fit". BTW I have two HD(1920 x 1080) Samsung monitors and they are both listed as Generic PnP Monitor.

JohnC, Nov 12, 2015
  5. Nickynoo Win User
    Thanx
    When I first got it, I'm sure it had a hp monitor loaded but can't be sure. I've just noticed this generic monitor. I cannot play 1080 HD but 720 seems to be fine.

Nickynoo, Nov 12, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    You could try the generic Digital Flat Panel (WxH) where WxH is the native resolution, but it won't make any difference. In standalone PC monitors using their own driver (if there is one) has the advantage of better color calibration. But nowadays colors can be configured from an ICC profile, or from the graphic card's control panel, so this is not too important. Most monitors are identified as Generic PnP monitor by default, unless you add specific model drivers.

spapakons, Nov 15, 2015
  7. xeleron Win User
    Video playack has nothing to do with the monitor driver since the video card will scale up/down the content being played.You more likely are experiencing issues due to a missing video driver which means you have no hardware acceleration.

xeleron, Nov 15, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Update the graphics driver directly from manufacturer (Intel, NVidia, AMD) to get best performance. Do not use Windows Update which installs generic Microsoft drivers with missing features and non-existent acceleration.

spapakons, Nov 15, 2015
  9. batlhilz Win User
    doubt that display can do full HD so youre good with 720. however you can output the full HD via DP/VGA

batlhilz, Nov 16, 2015
  10. vgchat Win User
    It looks like you have amd in your laptop.

Processor: AMD E-Series E-350
    Graphics Adapter: AMD Radeon HD 6310

You should get the latest amd drivers if you haven't. Just be sure to pick the appropriate OS as your download choice.

vgchat, Nov 24, 2015
  11. Nickynoo Win User
    Where do I get the latest drivers from?

Nickynoo, Nov 24, 2015
  12. vgchat Win User
    vgchat, Nov 24, 2015
  13. Nickynoo Win User

Thank you, Ill check it out, cant at the moment though, busy.

Nickynoo, Nov 24, 2015
  14. spapakons Win User
    Here is AMD's download site. If you know the exact model, you can go to the manual download section, otherwise let it detect your hardware.

spapakons, Nov 24, 2015
  15. Nickynoo Win User
    just tried amd autodetect, says i have the latest drivers

Nickynoo, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Have I got the right graphics card/monitor driver - Similar Threads - got right graphics

2. graphics card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics card drivers: after upgrading to windows 10 my computer says it has no drivers for my graphics card.It is not a clean install only an upgrade and the card worked before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-drivers/abf546cf-45d7-4508-90c8-e3c5f00d6543
  3. Graphics card drivers

Graphics card drivers: I want to install an update to my graphics card on my HP P6-2018uk so I can update my MS Office to 365 but I cannot find a way to do this. Intel are no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-drivers/ce42049f-ebdb-4072-bef4-d8a298b28a2d
  4. Graphics card monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card monitor problem: Hey guys i got a notebook today and i connected my monitor with hdmi cable to my notebook so i can have 2 screens. But when i unplugged hdmi cable (to bring my notebook somewhere else) and when i clicked on nvidia control panel it said that its not connected to current...
  5. Graphic cards and monitors matching

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  6. Graphic Card Drivers

Graphic Card Drivers: Following various Windows 10 updates and with the last update 1809 I am having problems due to the fact that the Graphic Card drivers are not compatible with a video editing program. My Graphics Card is INTEL HD 530 and after the 1809 update it changed the driver to...
  7. Graphic card Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphic card Driver: Windows10 ; 64Bit Installed a Nvidia Graphic card in my Desktop PC. Install went fine; had been using Onboard Graphic card; New Graphic Card is a PCI Card. On 1st Bootup I checked Device Mgr and it showed a Windows driver. I than clicked Update Driver....and a new Driver...
  8. Graphics card driver

Graphics card driver: I have recently gotten a new graphics card (Sapphire pulse RX570 8GB) for my computer. when I plugged the graphics card in and started my computer I downloaded the driver from the driver disc and restarted my computer. when I checked the device manager and checked the...
  9. Graphic card or monitor problem?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic card or monitor problem?: If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a dim-black, or black signal, sometimes turning off and on monitor by button will result in blinking right picture and again goes...
  10. Can't detect the right driver for my graphic card

Can't detect the right driver for my graphic card: Windows 10 can't detect my graphic card, and the only details I remember about it is that it's a NVIDIA GeForce card between the years 2005-2007. I already tried NVIDIA Auto-detection tool (GeForce Experience) and it couldn't detect it, tried 'dxdiag', and Display Adapters...