Windows 10: Have icons on another desktop

Discus and support Have icons on another desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was wondering with the task view feature is it possible to have icons on one desktop while keeping another blank? i want to have my primary blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iDSR, Sep 16, 2020.

1. /u/iDSR Win User

Have icons on another desktop

I was wondering with the task view feature is it possible to have icons on one desktop while keeping another blank? i want to have my primary blank with a secondary with all my icons.

submitted by /u/iDSR
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iDSR, Sep 16, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Have icons on another desktop

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Have icons on another desktop

1. Have icons on another desktop - Similar Threads - icons another desktop

2. I have a another device/ desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a another device/ desktop: If there's anyone who can help me, please help me, i have a device that's connected to my linked devices when i try to access using the ms password. "The password is incorrect. Try again" i tried all the passwords i could do it just kept saying the same thing over and over...
  3. I have a another device/ desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a another device/ desktop: If there's anyone who can help me, please help me, i have a device that's connected to my linked devices when i try to access using the ms password. "The password is incorrect. Try again" i tried all the passwords i could do it just kept saying the same thing over and over...
  4. I have a another device/ desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Desktop icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons have disappeared: I restarted my laptop and noticed all my desktop icons have disappeared. Theres also this weird shaded panel at the top of my screen which was never there before. When clicking on the shaded panel, it opens one of the files I had on my desktop.Additionally, when I go to my...
  6. Desktop icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons have disappeared: I restarted my laptop and noticed all my desktop icons have disappeared. Theres also this weird shaded panel at the top of my screen which was never there before. When clicking on the shaded panel, it opens one of the files I had on my desktop.Additionally, when I go to my...
  7. Desktop have moved to another driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop have moved to another driver: my desktop has moved to E:/drive and that drive all files are showing in desktop and now i am restoring desktop to default location then failed to build the list of regular subdirectory under "E:\DeliveryOptimization". Access is denied. This message is promoting. So now what...
  8. Desktop Icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons have disappeared: All of the icons on my desktop have disappeared. The text for the APPs is there and clickable. All programs appear to work. Also in the FILE EXPLORER even when I have the View marked as show Icons larger, medium etc. they do not show. On the desktop itself I also have it...
  9. Another Desktop Icon Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another Desktop Icon Question: O.k......so I have my desktop icons set up and working, one small problem that I need help with.......some of the icons have their ''own'' emblem.....and some don't.......for instance, Glary Utilities has the Glary emblem, Malwarebytes has the Malwarebytes emblem, and so...
  10. Desktop Icons Have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Have Disappeared: Well, I did something, but cannot find out what it was I dis or how to rectify it. This AM when starting Windows 10 Home, I had no icons on the desktop. Using the file explorer>desktop, they are there, so i did not delete them. Somehow I have hidden them from view. The normal...