Windows 10: Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online

Discus and support Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909, and I went to update Origin, and it keeps saying I don't have internet access, but I do, if I managed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by magnetite, Dec 24, 2019.

1. magnetite Win User

Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909, and I went to update Origin, and it keeps saying I don't have internet access, but I do, if I managed to connect to this site and type this message. I was even playing WoW online while trying to figure this out. Windows 10 says "No Internet Access" under Network Status in the Settings app.

Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online [​IMG]

I've tried unplugging my router and modem, waiting 60 seconds, plugging it in again and restarting my computer, but it didn't do anything.

:)

magnetite, Dec 24, 2019

2. Unable to access internet with certain programs

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 running Windows 10. I am unable to access the internet with a couple programs. I downloaded the update from Windows 7 to 10. Everything runs fine but HP's support program and Print Shop V22.

I googled the problem and tried some of the suggestions listed, but I still can't access the internet. I am using Firefox and it connects fine along with Norton Internet Security. Any suggestions?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access]

JamesWiker, Dec 24, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    No internet access

What type of security program/s do/did they have installed? I've seen McAfee and Norton both completely block internet access for no reason. Even after being uninstalled they can sometimes still block internet until you run their clean-up programs.

newtekie1, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online

1. Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online - Similar Threads - internet access programs

2. I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...: I have an Asus ROG Strix Windows 11 and I can't open any "important" things. If I do Windows+R, then type netplwiz, then a popup shows up that says "Do you want this app to make changes to your device: Advanced User Accounts Control Panel. I would usually be pressing yes, but...
  3. I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...: I have an Asus ROG Strix Windows 11 and I can't open any "important" things. If I do Windows+R, then type netplwiz, then a popup shows up that says "Do you want this app to make changes to your device: Advanced User Accounts Control Panel. I would usually be pressing yes, but...
  4. I have internet but my programs don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have internet but my programs don't: Good morningI've been out without touching my computer for some months, and when i came back almost nothing was working anymore.Steam was installed, so i tried to login, steam updated and it worked.Battle.net wasn't installed. Tried downloading the .exe, and it worked.When i...
  5. I have internet but my programs don't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have internet but my programs don't: Good morningI've been out without touching my computer for some months, and when i came back almost nothing was working anymore.Steam was installed, so i tried to login, steam updated and it worked.Battle.net wasn't installed. Tried downloading the .exe, and it worked.When i...
  6. I have internet but my programs don't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Not able to access the internet with some programs

Not able to access the internet with some programs: Hello, I`ve been having a strange issue on my Windows 10 computer. I am not able to access the internet with some programs, such as: Tunnel Bear VPN, Rockstar Games Launcher, Netflix app, Oracle Virtual Box, etc. I tried disabling Firewall, resetting it, reset ip4 netsh...
  8. I'm having visual glitches with some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having visual glitches with some programs: Hello, I'd like to know why I'm having this specific problem with only these programs. Minecraft launcher League of legends launcher Twitch app Nvidia geforce Now Medal recording program (uninstalled) 151126
  9. Programs randomly don't have internet access after update

Programs randomly don't have internet access after update: After the update yesterday Windows 10 seems to be cutting off certain software from accessing the internet randomly. Everything runs fine generally, but every 3 hours or so random programs no longer seem connected, while others remain unaffected. For example: Firefox suddenly...
  10. Windows thinks that I'm not connected to the internet

Windows thinks that I'm not connected to the internet: Split from this thread. Hello, I have the problem with Edge that doesn't connect, I have the problem for a few days. If I review my net status, says that I'm not connect to internet, but that it's not truth; I can connect with any other browser or mailing app. I have...