Windows 10: Have Just Reset Windows 10 Home PC yet Something is Missing

Discus and support Have Just Reset Windows 10 Home PC yet Something is Missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Before I chose to reset Windows 10 Home (x64) installation a warning prompt emerged on the screen reminding me of things that I will need to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ApeIsland, Dec 22, 2018.

1. ApeIsland Win User

Have Just Reset Windows 10 Home PC yet Something is Missing

Before I chose to reset Windows 10 Home (x64) installation a warning prompt emerged on the screen reminding me of things that I will need to reinstall after Windows was done resetting. The problem is is that I didn't write this down because I have done this so many times.
    Things that it listed to be reinstalled were things like 1. Visual Studio C++ Redistributable 2. Apps 3. Programs, etc... edit: I was in such a rush to reinstall i dont remember what it said. I figured that I could remember.
    After all, the usual components are all that are needed: Windows Management Interface and/or Chipset Drivers; Display Driver; .Net Framework perhaps, etc...
    However, right now games are crashing (not just one game), and clearly an important component is missing.
    Can someone run through a list of usual downloads/installs they go through after a new installation?

I cannot figure out what's missing.

Here is the link to my motherboard website:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H8...Desk_Download/

System:

CPU: Intel i7 4770
    Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-K
    GPU: Geforce GTX 1060

:)

ApeIsland, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 22, 2018
  3. missing apps after reset to the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost some apps after performing a reset to your PC. We will help you.

• Are you not able to access the Windows store?
    Before performing reset ensure you must have to select
    Keep my files. It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)
    So as you have performed the reset to your PC the apps are missing. We suggest you to download the applications again and check if it helps.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Reset this PC option missing.

In this case, since the Reset this PC option is missing, we suggest that you perform a custom installation in Windows 10 using your USB media. To do this, we recommend that you follow the steps provided
    in this
    article
    created by Andre Da Costa . This contains information, including the step-by-step instruction on how to perform a custom installation in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Have Just Reset Windows 10 Home PC yet Something is Missing - Similar Threads - Reset Home yet

2. Reseting pc just stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reseting pc just stops: Every time i try to reset my pc it just stops at about 7%, undos everything and then restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reseting-pc-just-stops/79a46d40-cfee-44ec-b0d1-08384af2367e
  3. Reseting pc just stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reseting pc just stops: Every time i try to reset my pc it just stops at about 7%, undos everything and then restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reseting-pc-just-stops/79a46d40-cfee-44ec-b0d1-08384af2367e
  4. Stucked Reset PC Windows 10 Home at 44%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stucked Reset PC Windows 10 Home at 44%: I reset my pc because I accidentally set my one and only user to standard and not admin without knowing what was that. After that, I cannot open any admin related apps such as netplwiz and there is no yes button in UAC. So I have no other choice but to reset thinking that It...
  5. Sticked Reset PC Windows 10 Home at 44%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticked Reset PC Windows 10 Home at 44%: I reset my pc because I accidentally set my one and only user to standard and not admin without knowing what was that. After that, I cannot open any admin related apps such as netplwiz and there is no yes button to UAC. So I have no other choice but to reset thinking that It...
  6. Something is just not right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something is just not right: After whole night of dancing around my laptop, I got some major problems with product... Computer was constantly using 2 GB of ram memory and I couldnt install graphic drivers. After force restarting the computer, windows explorer died and I got my Lenovo frozen to the...
  7. Reset My PC With Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset My PC With Windows 10 Home: Hello Community: I have an HP Compaq Desktop PC with an OS of Windows 10 Home, I am having problems and need to RESET THIS PC, I went to the for the reset procedure. clicked the button, up popped an error message which reads as follows. COULD NOT FIND THE RECOVERY...
  8. I have just reset my PC and updated to Windows 10 1903

I have just reset my PC and updated to Windows 10 1903: Hi everyone I recently carried out a full reset on my PC deleting all the files on it and basically starting it from scratch in the hope that it will make my laptop run better. Before wiping, I noted what programs/drivers I had installed and they varied from Intel...
  9. Missing reset this pc option

in Cortana
    Missing reset this pc option: Hi, i have problem with my local windows 10 password. I updated my windows 10 and changed the password . I forget it now. I dont get the option of reset this pc into safe mode after selecting troubleshoot option. It shows another options like UEFi settings and startup...
  10. Reset your PC is missing!

Reset your PC is missing!: I'm booting from my Windows 10 USB, I choose repair, and troubleshoot, but I can't find any reset option!! I tried the Auto repair then I go to advanced options but still no Reset!! Any hint! 76912