Windows 10: Have lost my search box

Discus and support Have lost my search box in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Following installing the latest updates I have lost the Type here to search box function - any ideas please? 164084 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ICIT2LOL, Sep 8, 2020.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Have lost my search box

Following installing the latest updates I have lost the Type here to search box function - any ideas please?

:)

ICIT2LOL, Sep 8, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Lost Search Box

Hi Richard,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

It might have happened if you have selected
    Show search icon instead Show search box from the task bar.

In that case, I suggest you to:

• Right-click on the task bar.

• Click on Search.

• Select Show search box.
    Hope it helps.

Kindly, let us know if you need further assistance with the issue. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Have lost my search box

Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Have lost my search box

1. Have lost my search box - Similar Threads - lost search box

2. Search box lost

in Cortana
    Search box lost: Add a search box to the task bar when right clicking the taskbar does not offer search box. Accidentally click on something and now its lost. Please help me and I cant work on this....
  3. Search box lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box lost: Add a search box to the task bar when right clicking the taskbar does not offer search box. Accidentally click on something and now its lost. Please help me and I cant work on this....
  4. Search box lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Mail boxes have lost their contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail boxes have lost their contents: I have been using windows 10 and Windows Mail for emailing for years. I have about 35 mail boxes into which a save email messages I wish to keep. Suddenly, they have all been emptied and the contents not visible. The message says "Nothing has arrived yet". What has caused...
  6. Search box lost from task bar.

in Cortana
    Search box lost from task bar.: How to add a search box to the task bar when right clicking the taskbar does not offer search box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-lost-from-task-bar/d7dbf3c1-ff70-44e4-bec5-26ab7db38bbb
  7. search box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    search box: Search box at bottom of screen not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/222af729-a72c-4d66-b2d8-114ee4d73ea6
  8. I have lost the search facility

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost the search facility: Hello everyone went to use the search facility (using the icon next to start button) - window appeared, and after just 2 seconds disappeared. I do not use this much, but believe(?) that recent windows 10 updates have had an influence on this failure. Has anyone else had the...
  9. search box

in Cortana
    search box: there is no search box on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/039f26cd-e174-4222-a3e3-f4f79c6afc50"
  10. My search box is not working.

in Cortana
    My search box is not working.: [ATTACH] My search box is not working. As you can see in the picture is not showing any results of calculator. At first it used to show but now its not showing anything.... Please help... its so irritating to go inside the list of apps and access anything....