Windows 10: Have not been able to update for a while

Discus and support Have not been able to update for a while in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had windows stuck on update 1909 for a while now win 10 pro since 7/12/2020 with the OS build as 18363.1082. The issue is that whenever i go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nessquick, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Nessquick Win User

Have not been able to update for a while

I have had windows stuck on update 1909 for a while now win 10 pro since 7/12/2020 with the OS build as 18363.1082. The issue is that whenever i go into windows update, it is seemingly lodaing when in reality its just staying blank. I have tried the media creation tool, the update assistant update assistand didnt boot there was an error and the only thing i havent tried and dont really wanna do is reinstall windows or use an iso to redo it.

Thanks for any help,
    Ness.

:)

Nessquick, Mar 19, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 19, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Have not been able to update for a while :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Have not been able to update for a while

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Have not been able to update for a while

1. Have not been able to update for a while - Similar Threads - been able update

2. Update's Been Available For a While

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update's Been Available For a While: Windows 11, version 23H3 has been available for about a month mow but Windows 11 hasn't installed it.I haven't paused updates.Any ideas why Windows 1 hasn't installed this?James...
  3. Update's Been Available For a While

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update's Been Available For a While: Windows 11, version 23H3 has been available for about a month mow but Windows 11 hasn't installed it.I haven't paused updates.Any ideas why Windows 1 hasn't installed this?James...
  4. It's been a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's been a while: A solution has been found to the KB5021233 issue, however is it the only one? It's been well over a week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-been-a-while/b97ce087-9c63-43e9-9a69-4f27b4a5ef90
  5. It's been a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It's been a while: A solution has been found to the KB5021233 issue, however is it the only one? It's been well over a week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-been-a-while/b97ce087-9c63-43e9-9a69-4f27b4a5ef90
  6. It's been a while

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I have not been able to download and install Utorrent.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have not been able to download and install Utorrent.: I have added utorrent to the list of applications that have been unblocked. I have not been able get to the point where I click ok and I know that utorrent has indeed been unlocked I am running Windows 10 What should I do? Thanks and Stay Safe Burnsey...
  8. I have been talking to Microsoft support for hours and they have not been able to help me...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have been talking to Microsoft support for hours and they have not been able to help me...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LativianHeat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kwdt7k/i_have_been_talking_to_microsoft_support_for/
  9. Haven't been able to download windows updates in months and have been unable to download...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Haven't been able to download windows updates in months and have been unable to download...: Whenever i try to download window updates, i get these 2 error codes 0x800f0805 0x800703f9 If anyone can find the solution i will literally paypal you $20 im so frustrated submitted by /u/sucadico [link] [comments]...
  10. I have not been able to convert the install.esd to install.wmi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have not been able to convert the install.esd to install.wmi: I have literally searched everywhere and all the tutorials in 5 countries say to "just convert/de-crypt the esd to wmi via a third party tool. I have tried 5 and get the same answer: "operation failed only 4 out of 5 images. I am downloading from Ms via media creation tool. I...