Windows 10: Have OneDrive app open from shortcut without opening File Explorer

Discus and support Have OneDrive app open from shortcut without opening File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So... I have 3 OneDrive accounts linked to this computer:OneDrive - PersonalOneDrive - Department of Education and TrainingOneDrive - ridgewaywebI have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jsylver, Aug 15, 2021.

1. jsylver Win User

Have OneDrive app open from shortcut without opening File Explorer

So... I have 3 OneDrive accounts linked to this computer:OneDrive - PersonalOneDrive - Department of Education and TrainingOneDrive - ridgewaywebI have set OneDrive to not open on startup, same as every app on Windows. However, when I need OneDrive, I will open it from my OneDrive.exe desktop shortcut, called Launch OneDrive. When it does this, it opens OneDrive - ridgewayweb in another file explorer window. Before I open the OneDrive app, usually I have the folder I want already open. I would like to have my shortcut open OneDrive without opening the File Explorer window. Any ideas?- Jay Sylv

:)

jsylver, Aug 15, 2021

2. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager
    (TreeSize Personal).

donaldkaplan, Aug 15, 2021
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Aug 15, 2021
  4. HDVIDTech Win User

Explorer Opens slow

I have tried the steps listed below. Method 2 and pinned it to the task bar. This helps it open faster but when it opens then the open window are grouped away from the icon on the task bar. I have to have two explorer folders pinned to the task bar to
    have a fast opening Explorer and grouped windows together.

When I do "open file location" the original one shows it is on the desktop, but it is not there. The other one I created tracks back to the C:\ drive location as it was created. Just kind of weird that one is referencing the Desktop when it is not there.
    Maybe hidden but still kind of odd.

How can I make it where I only have one Explorer that is both fast to open and the only one on the task bar?

Method 1: Rebuild your search index.

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click on OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • From the Advanced dialogue box, select Rebuild. Selecting Rebuild will begin the process of deleting, and then rebuilding your PC’s search index.

Note: While the steps to initiate the rebuilding process are simple, the actual process can take quite some time depending on how much data Windows has to index.

Method 2: Create a File Explorer shortcut on your desktop.

• On your Windows 10 desktop, right-click with the mouse.
    • Select New > Shortcut.
    • Type explorer.exe in the Location box.
    • Click on Next button.
    • Click on Finish button. You should now have a shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click the new shortcut, and select Properties.
    • Under Target line, change it to (note the space between C:\Windows\explorer.exe and /n):

C:\Windows\explorer.exe /n
    • Click the OK button. Now you can double-click it like your regular File Explorer app.

Method 3: Reset the File Explorer view to the default settings across all your folders.

• Launch File Explorer, click the File menu, and select Change folder and search options.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Under Folder views, click on Reset Folders.
    • Click the OK button.

Let us know if any of the suggestions helped.

HDVIDTech, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Have OneDrive app open from shortcut without opening File Explorer - Similar Threads - OneDrive app open

2. File Explorer opens without displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer opens without displaying: When I use win+E to open the file explorer, there are folders in the status bar, but there is no file explorer window on the desktop. I cannot view my files and folders....
  3. File Explorer opens without displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer opens without displaying: When I use win+E to open the file explorer, there are folders in the status bar, but there is no file explorer window on the desktop. I cannot view my files and folders....
  4. File Explorer sluggish opening from apps

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer sluggish opening from apps: Win10 v21H1 build 19043.1165. File Explorer works fine in all situations except when opened from an app to select a file or files, or a location and name to save. 15-20 seconds for it to start up. Drives me crazy. The smaller window for selecting a directory works fine...
  5. Onedrive Personal vault files open from explorer's recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Personal vault files open from explorer's recent files: I have recently noticed that recently opend files from the onedrive personal vault can be opened from explorer recent files, despite the vault being locked. I my opinion that does not seem like a secure functionality Any explanation?...
  6. File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive

File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive: File Explorer crashes freezes on click or right-click folder/file from OneDrive. It works fine on other Windows users. I have already tried: reseting the OD reinstalling the OD System File Checker turning off the detail/preview pane off Any more ideas?...
  7. No app is opening, only file explorer is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No app is opening, only file explorer is open: Today when I opened Avast antivirus, it showed me that almost 113 registry keys are broken, so I pressed the button to fix them. Windows was working fine before I pressed the button. Then Avast opened a blank white screen, I thought I must close it as it has got hanged and...
  8. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer: OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager (TreeSize Personal)....
  9. File explorer slow in opening folder with shortcuts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File explorer slow in opening folder with shortcuts: Recently a change occured (after an update?). I have a folder containing only 6 shortcuts, linking to devices or to drives, connected to devices, in my home network. Opening this folder takes about 30 sec. It has to do with those shortcuts that link to drives, connected to...
  10. File Open\Windows Explorer Shortcut Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    File Open\Windows Explorer Shortcut Problems: Hi all, can't seem to find anything relating to this issue but feel free to send link if already discussed.. On my Outlook 2003 (Yes I know!), I often add/remove my pst archives via File>Data File Management. The 'Open' dialog opens and defaults to the...