Windows 10: Have OS 10 mouse just stops working

Discus and support Have OS 10 mouse just stops working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have OS 10 and my mouse just stops working after a while and then the keyboard follows later. The mouse light goes out after keyboasrd. Computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chuck999m, Jul 1, 2019.

1. chuck999m Win User

Have OS 10 mouse just stops working

Have OS 10 and my mouse just stops working after a while and then the keyboard follows later. The mouse light goes out after keyboasrd. Computer worked months before this started. How to repair.

:)

chuck999m, Jul 1, 2019
  2. ATats70 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

Have OS 10 mouse just stops working abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Mouse stopped working

Hi Bec,

One possible reason that your mouse is not working is due to outdated or corrupted drivers. For us to isolate your concern, we would need the following details:

• Which version of Windows 10 have you installed recently? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, click on the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a wireless or wired mouse?

We suggest that you run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices > Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, follow the troubleshooting steps provided in
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows article.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Iverology Win User

Surface Arc Mouse (2017) Stopped Working

Hello Melchizedek,

My current build is Windows 10 Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.483).
    I tried all the troubleshooting you suggested below and although it indicates that my Surface Arc Mouse is “Connected” it still does not work.

Thanks,

Iver

Iverology, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Have OS 10 mouse just stops working - Similar Threads - mouse stops working

2. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  3. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  4. Mouse and Keyboard just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard just stopped working.: I have a Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY Laptop. It had Windows 11 on Beta Version. A few days ago I had an external USB mouse connected, when I booted up the mouse just didn't work. I thought it was some Driver Issue, So I rebooted. Didn't work. I tried deleting Mouse, USB Root Hub...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard just stopped working.: I have a Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY Laptop. It had Windows 11 on Beta Version. A few days ago I had an external USB mouse connected, when I booted up the mouse just didn't work. I thought it was some Driver Issue, So I rebooted. Didn't work. I tried deleting Mouse, USB Root Hub...
  6. Mouse stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stops working: My mouse randomly stops allowing me to click, ive tried DISM, scannow, virus scan, and fully reinstalling windows but nothing is working. Ive also made sure its not something simple like i changed it from left click to right click and it happens even when i try to use the...
  7. Just my mouse works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just my mouse works: My computer keyboard doesn't work. What can I do to make it work again? Just my mouse works but it is easier to work with the keyboard and I need it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-my-mouse-works/e06af41f-00b2-4972-99ff-ada95f029c1d
  8. Mouse stops working after start of OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse stops working after start of OS: Ive been experiencing problems with my mouse. After i start the operating system the mouse light goes off and the mouse does not respond anymore. I have Legacy mode on AUTO in the BIOS and XCHI HANDS OFF disabled. I've red on another forum that unticking the box in device...
  9. mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mouse stopped working: My mouse no longer works. Control shows where it SHOULD be, where I last touched the screen, but the pad will not move it and I cannot see the pointer. System says that the device is working. NOT....
  10. Mouse stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse stops working: My mouse pointer suddenly stops while working on some application I have checked the setting of the mouse and the drivers everything is fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-stops-working/83d35a8e-a312-48ea-aa5f-7dd43f13183e