Windows 10: Have PC with pre-installed Windows on SSD, wish to add HDD that has Windows installed.

Discus and support Have PC with pre-installed Windows on SSD, wish to add HDD that has Windows installed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new PC with the Windows 10 preinstalled on SSD. I need to bring a cloned drive from a previous PC over to this new PC. This HDD has all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimDeuvall, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Have PC with pre-installed Windows on SSD, wish to add HDD that has Windows installed.

I have a new PC with the Windows 10 preinstalled on SSD. I need to bring a cloned drive from a previous PC over to this new PC. This HDD has all the apps and data that I want to use on the new PC. Will this be a problem having Windows installed on two different drives? I assume that whatever drive boots first within the BIOS would be the active windows and I could run apps off the HDD as normal. Also, will I have product activation issues?

:)

JimDeuvall, Jun 12, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Have PC with pre-installed Windows on SSD, wish to add HDD that has Windows installed.

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Have PC with pre-installed Windows on SSD, wish to add HDD that has Windows installed.

1. Have PC with pre-installed Windows on SSD, wish to add HDD that has Windows installed. - Similar Threads - pre installed SSD

2. Pre installed Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre installed Windows: If i decline Pre installed windowd EULA , where i can appeal for my windows refund Cause recently i bought a laptop which comes with pre installed windows .I already have 2 retail licenses of windows 10...
  3. Install pre-installed Windows on new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Install pre-installed Windows on new SSD: Hi, I have a Lenovo PC which came with Windows 8 pre-installed which I recently managed to upgrade to Windows 10 but now it's even slower than before.Therefore, I bought an SSD as I heard that would make it run faster. My question is how do I get my version of Windows onto my...
  4. Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows: I have a laptop with SSD and HDD in it. My drivers look like this[ATTACH] how Can i know weather windows is installed in SSD or HDD ? I am also using Intel Optane Memory which looks like this [ATTACH] As you can see i have one SSD and one HDD how can know where is...
  5. [HELP] Want to migrate pre-installed windows 10 from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Want to migrate pre-installed windows 10 from HDD to SSD: Hello, fellow Redditors, I want to install an SSD in my HP Pavillion 15 laptop. The laptop Windows 10 pre-installed in HDD. I wish to install SSD in SATA and move the HDD to caddy. My local computer guy told me that I have to install new windows in SSD with a new key and...
  6. Add pre-install applications to Windows 10.iso?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add pre-install applications to Windows 10.iso?: Hi I want to reinstall my Windows 10 but I would like to reinstall it with applications such as Steam, Origin, Discord etc already pre-installed just to click and update. Is there anyway possible? submitted by /u/euoona [link] [comments]...
  7. Problem with having add an SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with having add an SSD and HDD: I have a relative new pc with Asus A68HM Series motherboard that came with 1TB Toshiba HDD and I decided to disconnect it and fit a brand new WD Blue 500GB SSD which I had spare. Connected the SSD and installed Windows 10 1909 and tasted the pc and all worked fine. I...
  8. Problem with having add an SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with having add an SSD and HDD: I have a relative new pc with Asus A68HM Series motherboard that came with 1TB Toshiba HDD and I decided to disconnect it and fit a brand new WD Blue 500GB SSD which I had spare. Connected the SSD and installed Windows 10 1909 and tasted the pc and all worked fine. I...
  9. Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD: I have Dell Inspiron 7566 with built-in Toshiba HDD which had three partitions: C:/ for Windows 10 , U:/ for Ubuntu 18.04 and D:/ for other stuff. Ubuntu was installed in UEFI mode and on every boot computer loaded to GRUB and asked which system it should start. Recently I...
  10. Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD: I have recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 (because I took advantage of the free upgrade offer last year), but have created an ISO file for a full install as I want to fully install Windows 10 by itself. My plan is, if the install works and...