Windows 10: Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor

Discus and support Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just finished the upgrade from Win7-64 to Win10-64 & have an odd problem that I didn't have using Win7. I now have popup taskbars on both monitors. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GARoss, Jul 28, 2015.

1. GARoss Win User

Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor

Just finished the upgrade from Win7-64 to Win10-64 & have an odd problem that I didn't have using Win7. I now have popup taskbars on both monitors. How do you turn off on 2nd monitor? *Confused

:)

GARoss, Jul 28, 2015

2. Auto-hide taskbar Windows 10

Windows 10 version 1511 (OS Build 10586.318)

I run 2 monitors. If I try to set up 2 taskbars (TB) using the multi-display area of the TB properties; the main monitor TB auto-hides fine but the 2nd monitor TB will not auto-hide. I have tried switching main monitors, switching their orientation, turning
    the feature on and off, and even using the settings area. No matter what, it seems the main monitor works fine but the 2nd monitor will not hide.

Just curious if there is a way to make both TBs auto-hide?

Daemonfactor, Jul 28, 2015
  3. MAK_28211 Win User
    2nd Monitor on HDMI port not working on Dell 8900

Hi, I have updated the driver. I have read & followed Andre Da Costa article.

Summary of my problem.

I connect the 2nd monitor to the HDMI port

The 2nd monitor will turn on and establish connectivity with the computer

I am able to extend my desk top screen.

But, after leaving my desktop for an hour ( I do not have a laptop) both the desk top monitor and the 2nd monitor will go into sleep mode and will not wake up.

I have to disconnect the 2nd Monitor from the HDMI port

Then reboot my system.

Then reconnect the 2nd monitor

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

thank you

Mak

MAK_28211, Jul 28, 2015
  4. GARoss Win User

I figured it out. *Eek Right click in Taskbar area to open Taskbar and Start Menu Properties. See below.

Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor [​IMG]

GARoss, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - popup taskbar both

2. I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?: I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?Taskbar is unlocked and have tried taskbar settings....
  3. I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?: I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?Taskbar is unlocked and have tried taskbar settings....
  4. Is there a faster solution to turn off 2nd Monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a faster solution to turn off 2nd Monitor?: Hello,i have a second monitor that I rarely use. TV aboveIs there a way to turn it off with the remote and it automatically switches to single monitor projection? the other way around too So all my apps switch to my primary Monitor and i cant lose my cursor in the turned off...
  5. Is there a faster solution to turn off 2nd Monitor?

Is there a faster solution to turn off 2nd Monitor?: Hello,i have a second monitor that I rarely use. TV aboveIs there a way to turn it off with the remote and it automatically switches to single monitor projection? the other way around too So all my apps switch to my primary Monitor and i cant lose my cursor in the turned off...
  6. 2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active

2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active: HiWindows 10, 21H2 OS Build 19044.1889I've two monitors linked up to my PC:Left side: 1st monitor: DVIRight side: 2nd montor: DP from PC to VGA via adapterNow when I turn off my 2nd monitor, the desktop for this monitor still seems to be enabled. I could move the mouse all to...
  7. 2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active: HiWindows 10, 21H2 OS Build 19044.1889I've two monitors linked up to my PC:Left side: 1st monitor: DVIRight side: 2nd montor: DP from PC to VGA via adapterNow when I turn off my 2nd monitor, the desktop for this monitor still seems to be enabled. I could move the mouse all to...
  8. 2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. 2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off: So,I have my laptop with a 2nd monitor, is there a way to set my 2nd monitor to turn off or on when the laptop turns off or on,basically, when I start turning on my laptop, my other 2nd monitor stays off, is there a way to make it turn on when I start my laptop, same with the...
  10. 2nd Taskbar appears on 2nd monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd Taskbar appears on 2nd monitor.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CoffeeMate90210 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9b0qc/2nd_taskbar_appears_on_2nd_monitor/