Windows 10: Have problem setting up windows mail app on windows 10 1903

Discus and support Have problem setting up windows mail app on windows 10 1903 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, Have the following problem setting up windows mail app, the app opens click add account select my email address from the list then the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MATTHEW60, Jun 4, 2020.

1. MATTHEW60 Win User

Have problem setting up windows mail app on windows 10 1903

Hello,

Have the following problem setting up windows mail app, the app opens click add account select my email address from the list then the following error appears on the screen, something went wrong We're sorry but we weren't able to do that.

Error code 0x80004005.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Matthew

:)

MATTHEW60, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Have problem setting up windows mail app on windows 10 1903 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Have problem setting up windows mail app on windows 10 1903

Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Have problem setting up windows mail app on windows 10 1903

1. Have problem setting up windows mail app on windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - problem setting mail

2. Setting up Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up Windows 10 Mail: I've tried repeatedly to set up my email account in Windows 10 Mail on a new laptop. "We couldn't find your settings" comes up each time. I can go directly to the server and gain immediate access. What's wrong?...
  3. Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10: The error pops up telling "something went wrong" with code 0x80070490.The problem is I found the way to fix it, and it worked. But then I had to reset my PC so the problem happens again while I dont remember the solution that I applied.I tried to memorize it but really can...
  4. Setting up mail problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up mail problems: How do I transfer my non mainstream email server and received emails from another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-mail-problems/d0dd7ed3-0be9-42a2-891a-ae79ef33ede8
  5. Set up windows 10 mail

Set up windows 10 mail: How exacly can I stop the password change when I try to set up windows 10 mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-windows-10-mail/e459f805-6aac-4b89-b84c-900066943ecf
  6. setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app

setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app: I just upgraded my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10, and I'm trying to set up the mail app to access other email accounts. One of them is Verizon.net email, which is supplied through AOL. When I try to add the account, I'm presented with a list of account types, none of which...
  7. Windows 10 Mail Set up

Windows 10 Mail Set up: I am having a heck of a time setting up my Mail account. I can send mail fine, but never get any incoming mail. I used the settings that from my old Outlook mail but maybe they're outdated?...
  8. Problem setting up windows mail in windows 10 1803.

Problem setting up windows mail in windows 10 1803.: Hello I have the following problem setting up windows mail app, have updated the mail app but this did not fix the problem, when I open the mail app to set it up the following message appears on the screen something went wrong trying to create account. Any help would be...
  9. Have You Set Up Account In Mail App For Windows 10 For Professional Purpose.

Have You Set Up Account In Mail App For Windows 10 For Professional Purpose.: we know that many person have many accounts on mailing service. every person has personal and professional purpose. you want to know the best method related to add account in mail app for windows 10. you have any query related windwos 10 then you contact our service. we know...
  10. have you set up account in mail app for windows 10 for professional purpose.

in Windows 10 Customization
    have you set up account in mail app for windows 10 for professional purpose.: we know that many person have many accounts on mailing service. every person has personal and professional purpose. you want to know the best method related to add account in mail app for windows 10. you have any query related windwos 10 then you contact our service. we know...