Windows 10: Have problem with Windows 10 build 1903 USB speed.

Discus and support Have problem with Windows 10 build 1903 USB speed. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello My brand new Lenovo laptop, Legion Y540-17IHR, with Windows 10 build 1903 will only have about 50% of normal USB speed unless I run a background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndersKlint, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Have problem with Windows 10 build 1903 USB speed.

Hello

My brand new Lenovo laptop, Legion Y540-17IHR, with Windows 10 build
    1903 will only have about 50% of normal USB speed unless I run a background
    application that loads the computer processor hard. Then the USB works to 100%.
    I know it sounds a bit like up and down the world but that's it.

It is a brand new computer with fairly fast processor i7 9750H. Lenovo support

has tested the computer via remote desktop and the hardware is working
    properly they say. They realized the problem but had to give up after about 2
    hours trying to get it fixed. They assumed that it was probably a
    Windows drivers that were the cause.

Is there anyone who has had a similar problem and is there any solution?

Regards Anders Klint SA0BDK

:)

AndersKlint, Aug 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Have problem with Windows 10 build 1903 USB speed.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Have problem with Windows 10 build 1903 USB speed.

1. Have problem with Windows 10 build 1903 USB speed. - Similar Threads - problem build 1903

2. (Windows Pro version 1903, build 18362.836) Problems with external USB/SD Card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Windows Pro version 1903, build 18362.836) Problems with external USB/SD Card: I have been running into a very strange problem with my laptop recently. It happens every time I want to work with an USB stick or a SD Card plug in. The first time I inserted the USB to the laptop, regardless of port, it works fine as usual, however when I try to plug in...
  3. Having problems post Win10 1903 update (build 18362.388)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having problems post Win10 1903 update (build 18362.388)?: I recently updated my HP laptop to the latest 1903 update and this morning the computer went into recovery mode upon boot up. Said the Win10 update had not loaded properly and took me through several steps culminating in it performing a check and correct sequence. Has...
  4. Problems after updating to Build 1903

Problems after updating to Build 1903: I updated my HP laptop to build 1903 on 7/12. I started 7/10 and finally got it to take two in a couple of days. It worked fine. On Friday, I restarted the computer and got a "preparing windows" message. I lost every setting I had except windows password and pin....
  5. Problems after 1903 build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after 1903 build: Since update 1903, chrome broken, stops and starts & scroll has problems and toggle sound on caps lock stopped working. Settings are correct, MS Support has no clue except to back out, but update happened > 10 days. Anyone have either or both those issues?...
  6. Why is Windows 10 build 1903 been such a installation problem?

Why is Windows 10 build 1903 been such a installation problem?: Hi Members I just felt the need to air my fustration, and view over this update. I realise this updates being offered out slowly, the idea being to iron out bugs, and to get the public to experience issues then find the workarounds and solutions, problem solving it's os...
  7. I have windows 10 Build 1903

I have windows 10 Build 1903: Trying to install Sandbox but the entry is not in the Options. I have the latest Windows 10 Build 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-10-build-1903/57375a72-5a92-4b55-a1b4-42d6408f90df
  8. problem in instaled windows 10 1903 build

problem in instaled windows 10 1903 build: i recently updated my windows 10 to 1903 build after finishing the update it installs then it won't ask restart to perform updates.Now my system is running on 1803 build [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 1903 USB

Windows 10 1903 USB: Has Microsoft released v1903 to download so we are able to make a bootable USB Drive? 131923
  10. Windows 10 1903 USB

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 1903 USB: Has Microsoft released v1903 to download so we are able to make a bootable USB Drive? 131923