Windows 10: have several camera's and I can't seem to toggle between them.

Discus and support have several camera's and I can't seem to toggle between them. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Logitech camera connected via my dock, but when I take the laptop off to travel and need the camera, I can't seem to find a way to select the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by julieleon1, Jun 3, 2021.

1. have several camera's and I can't seem to toggle between them.

I have a Logitech camera connected via my dock, but when I take the laptop off to travel and need the camera, I can't seem to find a way to select the laptop's default camera to use. How can I switch back and forth? I have tried the camera app but nothing is there.

:)

julieleon1, Jun 3, 2021

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Windows Camera

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use the integrated webcam. There could be a possibility that the
    device driver not installed or out of date or the installed driver failed.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the model number of the Lenovo Desktop?
    • Is Lenovo Vantage utility app installed on the PC?

• Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try few steps.

Step 1: Check Camera Settings.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Privacy and select Camera from the left pane.
    3. Click on Change check if it is toggled to On.
    4. Also toggle the switch to On under Allow apps to access your camera
    Step 2:Update Webcam driver.

We would suggest you to update the Webcam driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

If the behavior persists, I suggest you follow the steps in the article below and see if it solves the problem:
    Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

You may also refer these articles for additional information:

Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy

How to use the Camera app

If it persists, I recommend that you contact the Lenovo Technical Support to carry out tests related to the camera.

Let us know the results.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 3, 2021
  4. mudkip Win User

have several camera's and I can't seem to toggle between them.

Digital Camera for ~$150

• Oh god you're one of those noobs who think it's all about megapixels.

mudkip, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

have several camera's and I can't seem to toggle between them.

1. have several camera's and I can't seem to toggle between them. - Similar Threads - several camera's can't

2. I have no WiFi and can't seem to fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no WiFi and can't seem to fix this: Hi I'm using Windows 11 newest updates and everything but I can't get the WiFi to keep working for a extended period of time, like more than 5 minutes. I've got the Intel R WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz and have tried going on device manager and uninstalling and updating, downloading...
  3. I have no WiFi and can't seem to fix this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no WiFi and can't seem to fix this: Hi I'm using Windows 11 newest updates and everything but I can't get the WiFi to keep working for a extended period of time, like more than 5 minutes. I've got the Intel R WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz and have tried going on device manager and uninstalling and updating, downloading...
  4. I Have several problems and want them to get fixed urgently

I Have several problems and want them to get fixed urgently: Problems :Everytime I shuts down the PC i get an error saying critical process died.windows update doesnt show up in settings.i tried manual installation and it didnt solve my problem.i checked in services and i am missing the update orchestrator service.i tried using REGEDIT...
  5. I Have several problems and want them to get fixed urgently

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Have several problems and want them to get fixed urgently: Problems :Everytime I shuts down the PC i get an error saying critical process died.windows update doesnt show up in settings.i tried manual installation and it didnt solve my problem.i checked in services and i am missing the update orchestrator service.i tried using REGEDIT...
  6. How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello: Windows Hello is using my external camera Logitech Brio by default, but I don't want it to. That camera is frequently occupied by other streaming software, which prevents Windows Hello from accessing it when my screen is locked.All the help I've found in the forums is for...
  7. How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello

How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello: Windows Hello is using my external camera Logitech Brio by default, but I don't want it to. That camera is frequently occupied by other streaming software, which prevents Windows Hello from accessing it when my screen is locked.All the help I've found in the forums is for...
  8. Camera toggle does not toggle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera toggle does not toggle: I have a Lenovo Yoga that runs Windows 10, and the f8 key is supposed to toggle the camera. However, I recently dropped my phone, which landed directly on this key. While it does still register being pressed, it no longer toggles, instead acting idempotently. Thus, I am...
  9. Toggle between network settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toggle between network settings: Is there a way in Win 10 to set locations, such that one "Work" for example has a fixed IP, and "Home" has DHCP and I can switch between them without having to enter the settings each time? Those names are just examples.... Thanks. submitted by /u/wa1oui [link] [comments]...
  10. Keyboard Toggle between (2 ) and ( ")

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Toggle between (2 ) and ( "): green symbol, occurs occasionally, I forget how to fix, using (Fn)? Why does it happen? I tried switching to English (United States) and this didn't help, with Canadian language pack (not a downloaded app)...