Windows 10: Have Start screen open with “All Apps” list already opened?

Discus and support Have Start screen open with “All Apps” list already opened? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to configure Windows 10 to have the start screen open and have the “All Apps” list already open? The way it is now, pressing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by regor101, Sep 1, 2016.

1. regor101 Win User

Have Start screen open with “All Apps” list already opened?

Is there a way to configure Windows 10 to have the start screen open and have the “All Apps” list already open?

The way it is now, pressing the Windows key opens the start screen with the “All Apps” icon and the “Sleep/Shut down/Restart” icon showing. I have to click the “All Apps” icon to open the list.

:)

regor101, Sep 1, 2016
  2. AmyGom Win User

How do I hide "all apps" menu on start screen?

Hi,

Is there any way to hide all apps menu on start screen like to the screen when I click 3 dashes on the left top corcer

Whenever I open the start screen, it shows the all list of programs that I installed, but I already have personalized tiles on the right side. So I'm not using all apps list, and I do not want to see the list but rather my name and folders that I chose to
    be shown.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

AmyGom, Sep 1, 2016
  3. JoanL. Win User
    Windows 10 Start Screen

I can open list of apps (start menu) but I cannot switch to the screen that lists all apps. settings, file explorer etc. I could do this at one time but not sure how I got there. If I click on the start it shows the power icon and an area when clicked
    on opens list of programs. A tutorial shows by clicking again on the start button the screen with all apps opens but that is not happening.

JoanL., Sep 1, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Version 1607 Build 14393.105 does that, click Start and the full Apps list is scrollable.
    Forgot to add this screenshot:

Have Start screen open with “All Apps” list already opened? [​IMG]

Berton, Sep 1, 2016
  5. lmaneke Win User
    Sounds like you are still using Version 1511. Upgrade to 1607 and the all apps will be visible

lmaneke, Sep 1, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Why would you. Just pin what you want to the Task bar. If you want it to look like Windows 8 did in the beginning, enable Tablet mode. You can use Classic Shell or Start 10 if you want to do special things with the Start Menu and Task bar.

bro67, Sep 1, 2016
  7. regor101 Win User
    Thanks all for the replies. I needed to update to version 1607.

I don’t understand why Windows Update didn’t automatically update my PC for me. Also before I manually downloaded and applied the update last night, I went into Windows Update and clicked on “Check for updates” and was told my device was up to date.

Did I miss a setting to allow automatic updating?

regor101, Sep 1, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

Version 1607 is also know as Anniversary Update and seems to not being "pushed" as aggressively as Version 1511 was. The actual availability was on 8/2.

Berton, Sep 1, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Not every update is an automatic. If the OS does not see an update as a major change, it will hold it as a pending download under the changes that have been done with Windows 10.

bro67, Sep 3, 2016
  10. lmaneke Win User
    Microsoft is not pushing the update out to everyone quick this time. They are getting the bugs out of it before they push it out to everyone via Windows Update.

There are still some users in my area that haven't gotten the upgrade option yet.

lmaneke, Sep 3, 2016
  11. regor101 Win User
    Well I'm one of them; I have three PC’s running windows 10, two desktops and a laptop. All three were running version 1511 and “Check for updates” told me each one was up to date.

regor101, Sep 3, 2016
  12. I have Windows 10 AU 1607 in my Windows update screen with one for my Samsung phone... I did have a 3rd one, KB3150513 which installed itself overnight whilst the notebook was shut down,,, (fast boot shut down) This is the 2nd update I have had that has self installed overnight...

I can confirm it does it when shut down as the last thing I did last night was check to see what updates were showing and it was there, but gone this morning as soon as I powered up...

Why would 1607 not self install at the same time? unless it does it overnight tonight... Is that possible?

Stuart

stuarttunstall, Sep 3, 2016
  13. lmaneke Win User

Microsoft released the update to Microsoft surface products, then pre-installed systems, then released to retail people last.

If for some reason, it's gone, then Microsoft pulled the update for some reason.

You could download the media creation tool and update it right away if you choose.

Yes, non of this makes any sense, that it's available for some, and not all. You would think that Microsoft would have enough bugs fixed to release to Windows Update. At least the Anniversary Update is able to be manually updated with no restriction.

lmaneke, Sep 3, 2016
  14. I had a strange issue on Friday, AU 1607 was showing all day, then disappeared.. after a reboot it searched for WIndow's updates and found it again... Just to scared to press "INSTALL" Lol ...

stuarttunstall, Sep 3, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    For some reason when they reinstated the Defer updates again, 1607 gets held because of some machines are telling Microsoft Update that there may be a hardware conflict or other conflict that does not show up. The logs get so long that no one really has the time to dig through them on random machines that are seeing 1607 as a deferred update.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Have Start screen open with “All Apps” list already opened? - Similar Threads - Start screen open

2. Start menu not opening at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not opening at all: I just recently reset my whole pc and ever since the fresh start, my start menu doesn't show up.I'll click the windows key, on my keyboard and nothing comes up. I try and type on my desktop to search my computer and that doesn't show up either. I've already restarted both my...
  3. Start menu not opening at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not opening at all: I just recently reset my whole pc and ever since the fresh start, my start menu doesn't show up.I'll click the windows key, on my keyboard and nothing comes up. I try and type on my desktop to search my computer and that doesn't show up either. I've already restarted both my...
  4. Start menu not opening at all

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. All Microsoft apps will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Microsoft apps will not open: I have tried multiple things to fix this issue and I can not get any of the Microsoft apps to open including mail store calculator photos and feedback hub. Please help...
  6. Apps Won't Open at All

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps Won't Open at All: The apps are available in the taskbar but will not open on the computer screen. The screen is stuck on the desktop screen and it's only showing the wallpaper, no apps on the desktop screen. I am able to open task view and view my files, but that's it and I can do the windows...
  7. Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens: I have a new Dell computer running on Windows 10. Upon originally setting it up, the taskbar either 1. Will not open any of the apps on it, or 2. if it does open an app, it opens it up behind ever other currently open screen. You can only open apps on the front screen by...
  8. Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG: Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already in JPEG form. I can even attach to emails but the regular photo viewer will not open them it says file location can not be found....but every other application can locate them just fine. This occurs on...
  9. the all apps that should be on the left when opening start

in Windows 10 Customization
    the all apps that should be on the left when opening start: They are now in the center of screen and large how can I return them to the left of screen. Regards David https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-all-apps-that-should-be-on-the-left-when/82897c0f-26ea-4677-8727-5db49022f268
  10. All Apps Not Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Apps Not Opening: Hello. Recently, I decided to try and import photos from my phone to my computer to free up space. Usually, I go into my photos app and just import from there, but everytime I open the photos app, it stays open for 3 seconds or so with a black screen, before shutting down. I...