Windows 10: Have stopped using solitaire collection because of full screen really obnoxious ads

Discus and support Have stopped using solitaire collection because of full screen really obnoxious ads in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yesterday I started getting full screen loud and obnoxious ads while playing solitaire. I don't like the small ads, but I can put up with them, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Georgan, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Georgan Win User

Have stopped using solitaire collection because of full screen really obnoxious ads

Yesterday I started getting full screen loud and obnoxious ads while playing solitaire. I don't like the small ads, but I can put up with them, but the new ads are over the top. I am not going to pay Microsoft to stop the ads, so I will find solitaire games on the internet and cease using the Microsoft classic solitaire collection. I find it hard to believe that people will put up with the ads, and I believe that many will just move away from Microsoft games as I am going to do.

:)

Georgan, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Solitaire Collection - Stopped working - Windows 10

Hi Frank,

It is possible that the
    components were corrupted
    during the update causing your
    Solitaire Collection
    to
    crash. We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and run the application again:

Method 1: Run the Windows Store Application Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter, click this
    link.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

Method 3: Reset Windows Store.

To
    reset Windows Store, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows Key + R
      to open the
      run window.

• Type
      WSReset.exe
      and hit
      Enter.

• Open
      Windows Store
      and
      sign-in
      with your
      Microsoft Account.

• Run
      the
      Solitaire Collection.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 20, 2019
  3. microsoft solitaire collection

Hi, Lee,

Step 1: Run App troubleshooter.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 2: Run Windows Update troubleshooter.

Please see this link for the steps.

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Click Start.

In the search box, type Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Right click Microsoft Solitaire collection app tile, and the select Uninstall.

Restart your computer.

Right click Start.

Select Run.

Type wsreset.exe, and then press Enter. The Microsoft Store will open so you can reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Step 4: Make sure your firewall/anti-virus isn’t blocking the app.

The steps to unblock the game (or any app that needs to access Xbox Live) will vary depending on the antivirus or firewall software you use. Check the documentation for your antivirus or firewall software to open settings and ensure that the software is not
    blocking the app. If your antivirus or firewall has an app white list, make sure that your Xbox Live-enabled games are on this list.

Step 5: Clear your Windows Store cache.

Right click Start.

Select Run.

Type wsreset.exe and press enter. This will launch Windows Store with a cleared cache. You can check if Solitaire error goes away after doing this.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Smittychat., Feb 20, 2019
  4. IlumIname Win User

Have stopped using solitaire collection because of full screen really obnoxious ads

Microsoft Solitaire Collection stopped working Windows 10

Same problem. Suddenly Solitaire Collection stopped working. The suggested corrective action did not work.

IlumIname, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Have stopped using solitaire collection because of full screen really obnoxious ads - Similar Threads - stopped using solitaire

2. Ads in Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads in Microsoft Solitaire Collection: Is there any way to filter game ads while playing solitaire? One in particular is so suggestive it is very offensive. I paid for my Microsoft devise, I buy an annual subscription to 365, why should I have to pay for ad free, insulting free solitaire ?...
  3. Ads in Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ads in Microsoft Solitaire Collection: Is there any way to filter game ads while playing solitaire? One in particular is so suggestive it is very offensive. I paid for my Microsoft devise, I buy an annual subscription to 365, why should I have to pay for ad free, insulting free solitaire ?...
  4. ads on Microsoft Solitaire collection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ads on Microsoft Solitaire collection: The ads on Microsoft Solitaire collection, in Mahjong, are not running and there is no way to get out of them, therefore, no way to play the daily challenges. can you fix this? also, the sound is not working on the games in the collection. Can you fix that too?...
  5. unwanted ads in solitaire collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unwanted ads in solitaire collection: From the very start of the first Windows OS, there was a free solitaire game as a bonus. In the following decades, it evolved a little, adding more variation, but basic solitaire remained the same. In the last decade, when the user wants to play solitaire, there are requests...
  6. Ads in MS Solitaire collection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ads in MS Solitaire collection: I just wonder, is there anyone out there who may have figured out how to remove/eliminate the confounded ads in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection? How annoying. Any help would be appreciated, I like the games, but do not need nor want the ads. Thanks...
  7. MS Solitaire Collection - Full screen video ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Solitaire Collection - Full screen video ads: How many man years went into designing this feature to be as annoying as possible. I could live with the ads but when they override the audio mute setting in the mixer you have made an app I cannot use. I play while I listen to streaming audio and this is EXTREMELY...
  8. Obnoxious ads in Microsoft Solitaire games (1909?)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Obnoxious ads in Microsoft Solitaire games (1909?): Obnoxious, very loud, very long ads play about every other time that I start Microsoft Solitaire games. It seems like you have to sit through several minutes of these ads until you can play a game. I think this all started for me when I upgraded from 1809 to 1909. Any way to...
  9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection & Ads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection & Ads: Hello, I'd like to ask, what is the point of having adverts in Solitaire, when it's just black or white screen with some music every time. Is it supposed to be just "some random nuisance" to bother people and force them to buy it? Thank you for your answer....
  10. Today's ad in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Today's ad in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection: I just wanted to communicate that I found today's ad inappropriate. It is not a family-friendly ad. I hope it is removed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/todays-ad-in-the-microsoft-solitaire-collection/7a407ff6-fa6f-42dd-bd1f-a1ed5c0cb7d6"