Windows 10: have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp

Discus and support have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a VAIO laptop. It shows my wifi connection at bottom strong signal but cannot access internet on any programs It is xp and I used to get a signa... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ronnie4, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Ronnie4 Win User

have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp

I have a VAIO laptop. It shows my wifi connection at bottom strong signal but cannot access internet on any programs It is xp and I used to get a signa at McDonalds when I would go form breakfast but at home not so lucky

:)

Ronnie4, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Pete1burn Win User

Excellent wifi signal, no internet

I have comcast going into a netgear rt600 with an asus repeater upstairs. My iPhone is connected to the 5g signal. When I'm sitting outside I have full wifi signal but no Internet. Can't connect to anything. As soon as I go back inside its fine. How can I have signal but no Internet?

Pete1burn, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Excellent wifi signal, no internet

Are you sure you're connected to the same router inside vs. outside?

Sasqui, Mar 25, 2023
  4. have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp

Wifi cannot connect even though signal is strong.

After I updated my window, my usual wifi connection is errored. I get a message when trying to connect, "Some information changed since the last time you connected. We need additional information to complete the connection".
    And asking to put the network security key. But I didn't do any changes to my router or network. So I put the wifi password but it doesn't connect at all. The strange thing is this problem won't happen when the
    laptop is in the room where the router is placed. It only happens when I try to connect the wifi from outside of that room even if the wifi signal is strong. But after the wifi is connected in that room, the
    connection won't be disconnected even if I move my laptop to other rooms. So every time I restart my laptop, the problem repeats again and I need to go back to the room where my router is placed.

I already reinstall/update my wifi adapter driver and restarted the network but the problem cannot be solved yet.

Please is there any way to solve this problem so that I don't need to do this tiresome process to connect the wifi.

Chaw Su Shwe Han, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp

1. have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp - Similar Threads - strong wifi signal

2. have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp: I have a VAIO laptop. It shows my wifi connection at bottom strong signal but cannot access internet on any programs It is xp and I used to get a signa at McDonalds when I would go form breakfast but at home not so lucky...
  3. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  4. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  5. NoNet Classic a.k.a. Strong signal, cannot connect

NoNet Classic a.k.a. Strong signal, cannot connect: Same old problem back again - the signal is in theory strong but there is no chance to connect on one machine, while the other one next to it runs problem free. Another unresolvable issue of Junknet....
  6. Not reading Wifi signals as strong as usual.

Not reading Wifi signals as strong as usual.: Hello-I'm not sure if it is the Windows 10 software or the HP hardware but ever since I got my HP Pavilion laptop/tablet back from the repairman who replaced the touchscreen my computer won't connect to it's usual strong Wifi connections. The connections show up but as...
  7. Wifi cannot connect even though signal is strong.

Wifi cannot connect even though signal is strong.: After I updated my window, my usual wifi connection is errored. I get a message when trying to connect, "Some information changed since the last time you connected. We need additional information to complete the connection". And asking to put the network security key. But I...
  8. Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time: My windows 10 PC keeps dropping the internet connection. I don't mean the wifi; that is available and strong the whole time, just the internet. Other computers and devices in the home are fine. Even the internet TV located in the same room is fine, so it's something to do...
  9. Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal: I recently refreshed Windows 10 on an old PC and have a new problem. While the wifi signal is strong (full bars) and never disconnects, the internet sometimes drops away. The wifi symbol is replaced with the "no internet" globe, but the signal still shows as strong and I'm...
  10. Internet WiFi signal loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet WiFi signal loss: Playing Bridge I get a pop up saying that the computer scan has quit working. Shortly after this, I lose my internet connection and it has to be reset manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-wifi-signal-loss/ca9847f9-fdba-43dd-85ed-e4747433be1d