Windows 10: Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop...

Discus and support Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did sfc /scannow as i saw from previous thread, Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SHIP CHERN WEI, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop...

I did sfc /scannow as i saw from previous thread,

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

And this shows, so whats the problem and how to resolve the issue

:)

SHIP CHERN WEI, Oct 18, 2020
  2. J. Raúl Win User

File Explorer not responding problem.

Try this steps because I think it's related with quick access in file explorer:

1. Open a new Explorer window.
    2. Click View in the ribbon.
    3. Click Options.
    4. Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    5. Click OK.
    Now it should hopefully work fine.

J. Raúl, Oct 18, 2020
  3. File explorer is not responding

Hi Saeef,

Please reply, did you try the steps suggested above?

We are not sure whether or not you have tried the above suggestion. If haven’t tried, follow the methods suggested above and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, scan the PC for the presence of virus/malware by running the antivirus security software. Run the antivirus security software twice to detect and confirm the presence of malware/virus on your PC. Check for the status of the scan
    to view the presence of virus/malware.

Write to us with the status of File explorer not responding on the computer for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop...

Windows 10 : File explorer no responding

We appreciate your time and effort in getting back to us. Sorry for the delay in responding

Are you still facing the issue?

Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC on the keyboard.
    • Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to access the Command Prompt, type cmd and press Enter. Run the following command.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.

• Click Update and Recovery

• Check for updates under Windows Updates.
    Let us know the status if the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop...

1. Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop... - Similar Threads - same problem where

2. File explorer keeps saying "not responding" and apps have been crashing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps saying "not responding" and apps have been crashing.: Hello, I have been having several issues recently. I believe they started within the past week or two. Firstly, I am nearly unable to do anything within the file explorer. Whenever I try to open folders it does not matter which ones, some are even empty, the app freezes and...
  3. File explorer keeps saying "not responding" and apps have been crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps saying "not responding" and apps have been crashing.: Hello, I have been having several issues recently. I believe they started within the past week or two. Firstly, I am nearly unable to do anything within the file explorer. Whenever I try to open folders it does not matter which ones, some are even empty, the app freezes and...
  4. File explorer keeps saying "not responding" and apps have been crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my file explorer not responding

my file explorer not responding: my file explorer not responding since 3 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-not-responding/7f3deaef-4b60-4ff7-9ff9-9a169cb6d0d4
  6. File Explorer Not responding - have tried ALL the fixes previously listed

File Explorer Not responding - have tried ALL the fixes previously listed: I am concerned about the number of posts with the same problem, so I am assuming it is not something we have done, but is an issue with Microsoft? I have been through ALL the previous posts and responses and fixes. Done all of them. NOTHING has worked. I can OPEN File...
  7. File Explorer not responding problem.

File Explorer not responding problem.: When I load up file explorer and try to open a file it stops responding for a good 30 seconds or so. It does this every time after i have booted, and when I close file explorer and re-open. I have found a fix for this by going to control panel and clearing the file explorer...
  8. all exe's run the same application -- all desktop short cuts look the same

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all exe's run the same application -- all desktop short cuts look the same: I developed and app ss.exe and used NSIS installer which I have for many years. I also tried the C# VS2015 Publish wizard somewhere after those two. I noticed my desktop app had the same ss.exe icon. If i run cmd.exe i get ss.exe if i run regedit i get ss.exe no matter...
  9. Where is 'Desktop File' Containing ALL files,folders,apps in Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is 'Desktop File' Containing ALL files,folders,apps in Desktop?: Trying to set-up/learn Win 10. In Win 7 I had a 'desktop' entry on my taskbar (when clicked) that showed EVERYTHING on the desktop ... thus allowing me to have a 'clean' desktop so I could see the background images w/o icons cluttering it up. Referring to the tutorial...
  10. File Explorer same view for all files

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer same view for all files: I want File Explore to show all files in list view. 64653