Windows 10: Have to browse to update files.

Discus and support Have to browse to update files. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is windows 10 not allowing updates to other files which when you need to update you have to browse through everything to find it and still doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alimode, Nov 12, 2018.

1. alimode Win User

Have to browse to update files.

Why is windows 10 not allowing updates to other files which when you need to update you have to browse through everything to find it and still doesn't work. Apparently MSN has outgrown MSN and can't handle their own system.

:)

alimode, Nov 12, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 12, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Have to browse to update files. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 12, 2018
  4. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Have to browse to update files. - Similar Threads - browse update files

2. Tabbed browsing for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed browsing for File Explorer: Has Microsoft activated tabbed browsing on File Explorer in Windows 11, for the consumer edition of Windows? I know it will be activated "in October", but when is that?...
  3. Tabbed browsing for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabbed browsing for File Explorer: Has Microsoft activated tabbed browsing on File Explorer in Windows 11, for the consumer edition of Windows? I know it will be activated "in October", but when is that?...
  4. Files and browsing information disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and browsing information disappeared: All of my photos, documents, and browsing information/history are totally gone. I'm a design major, and two weeks ago I lost all my important design files. This happened again last night, and I lost an essay that was due today. Is there any way to recover these files and...
  5. I'm having issues in web browsing

I'm having issues in web browsing: I'm running genuine windows 10. And my default browser is Firefox which is updated to its latest version. I had Google Chrome and have Microsoft Edge too. Recently I was having some issues in firefox. When I'm loading my facebook account it doesn't show up notifications or...
  6. to upload files to websites; 'browse for file' issue

to upload files to websites; 'browse for file' issue: Microsoft needs to fix this issue. The connect 'your android' is not a fix. I do not have one. I need to be able to upload files out not to my computer but from mine to an outside location. Please repair this. I am sure it has to do with an update and Onedrive and the...
  7. browse for file won't work because you have done something having to do with "the Cloud"

browse for file won't work because you have done something having to do with "the Cloud": and can no longer access my own files on my computer 'the old way' however, that is the way I do it and lots of places need it that way. so, quit sending updates that automatically change without having it optional....
  8. Cant use letters to browse files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant use letters to browse files: I am getting an annoying issue with windows lately. If i browse a folder, i will usually click on a letter on my keyboard to find a file, e.g if im searching for a file that begins with the letter a, i will click on a on my keybord to quickly jump to the file. What happens...
  9. Program to browse through PDF files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program to browse through PDF files: Im looking for a simple and easy to use program that can show PDF files. Specifically, im looking for a program that can browse through PDF files in a folder. Similar to using the arrow keys in windows photo viewer to scroll through pictures in a folder. I want to do the...
  10. Missing objects in Browse for files or folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing objects in Browse for files or folders: When creating a new desktop shortcut my window Browse for Files or Folders only displys my desktop and user account sub folder. How can I restore all my objects to this window such as MyPC and disk drives. This works OK with Win 7 but not win 10. 65864