Windows 10: Have to disable windows search to get pc to auto sleep

Discus and support Have to disable windows search to get pc to auto sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all. Win 10 pro system I have just spent hours to get PC to go to sleep automatically. The only way this would happen was if i disabled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tony Cha, May 17, 2020.

1. Tony Cha Win User

Have to disable windows search to get pc to auto sleep

Hi all.

Win 10 pro system

I have just spent hours to get PC to go to sleep automatically.

The only way this would happen was if i disabled the windows search in services.

Why is this and when I open some programs it says because it is off search wont work properly.

Am i doing something wrong or what.

It also stops indexing.

Tony

:)

Tony Cha, May 17, 2020
  2. s00tie Win User

Windows 10 Will Not Auto Sleep

I've seen lots of threads about similar issues here and I think I've tried everything I've read but nothing will make my PC sleep. It worked fine with Windows 8.1 but since 10 it doesn't matter what I change, the only way to make the PC sleep is to do it manually.

Here are some of the steps I've followed with no success:

- powercfg /requests shows nothing
    - powercfg /energy doesn't show anything interesting
    - no media sharing is enabled
    - homegroup is disabled
    - disabling NIC has no effect
    - removing everything from the PC other than power and HDMI for video has no effect
    - everything but my mouse is set not to wake pc (I have also tried with the mouse also set to no avail)
    - updated drivers where possible

The weird thing is if I don't log onto the PC from a reboot, it will sleep just fine - the minute I log on it refuses to auto sleep. Also, if I boot into Safe Mode, the sleep works just fine again.

It's driving me crazy as combined with the auto setting for windows update (despite having disable wake timers selected) the PC will sometimes wake in the middle of the night and stay on until I sleep it again.

A guy here at Reddit has the same issue, but the thread isn't seeing much activity:
    My self-built Windows 10 PC will not automatically go to sleep under any condition : techsupport

Happy to answer questions about my setup or try suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

s00tie, May 17, 2020
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 17, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Have to disable windows search to get pc to auto sleep - Similar Threads - disable search auto

2. why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?: if I disabled the modern standby s0 low power ideal then the sleep option is removed from everywhere and it shows Standby S3 The current Device Guard configuration has disabled this standby state.I want to get the s3 sleep state. if I disabled the firmware protection than the...
  3. why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?: if I disabled the modern standby s0 low power ideal then the sleep option is removed from everywhere and it shows Standby S3 The current Device Guard configuration has disabled this standby state.I want to get the s3 sleep state. if I disabled the firmware protection than the...
  4. Windows Search keeps getting DISABLED!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search keeps getting DISABLED!?: Windows Search keeps getting disabled. I can go into Services and set it to Automatic and the Start and all works fine for a few days and they I discover that it is disabled again! Why is this happening and how to I stop it?Thanks...
  5. PC wont auto sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wont auto sleep: hi for months my windows 10 wouldn't auto sleep and i spent days trying to rectify this problem, but nothing worked, however i have just noticed that since the last update the other day it now has begun to work properly and auto sleeps to the settings i input, was Microsoft...
  6. Problem to disable "auto-sleep"

Problem to disable "auto-sleep": Hi. I have a new laptop there is installed a malware yes, we can call it as MALWARE called Windows 10. I have set screen timeout to 10 minutes, tested to set screen saver to 15 minutes and sleep after is 45 min. But what happens... Then display goes off, simultaneously...
  7. Windows 10 PC Will Not Auto Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC Will Not Auto Sleep: Hello I am having an issue where my custom built PC running Windows 10 will not auto sleep. I have the time set to sleep after 10 minutes and after that time the screen turns off but the computer doesn't actually sleep. The fans still run, RGB still lit and when you move the...
  8. disable auto lock on waking from sleep

disable auto lock on waking from sleep: disable auto lock on waking from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-lock-on-waking-from-sleep/8ca16e36-cc92-4409-bbf8-62f786b3c262
  9. Pc won't auto sleep.

Pc won't auto sleep.: Basically my PC wont sleep. A USB audio device and Legacy Kernel Caller are preventing it. I have already disabled my headphones as well as unplugged and re plugged them. Powercfg -requestsoverride doesn't work either. Powercfg -requests is below. Please help, since this is...
  10. sleep activates auto sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep activates auto sleep: After starting up no automatic sleep, display stays turned on (all power options NEVER, all BIOS options DISABLE) When turning computer to sleep manually (standby S3 available) it goes sleep and wakes up normally. AND then after two minutes goes to automatic sleep,...