Windows 10: Have to double tap arrow keys to snap windows

Discus and support Have to double tap arrow keys to snap windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Window snapping is not working correctly. Say I have two or more windows open and want to do a Win + arrow to snap a window to one half of the screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/phdibart, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Have to double tap arrow keys to snap windows

Window snapping is not working correctly. Say I have two or more windows open and want to do a Win + arrow to snap a window to one half of the screen, I have to hit the arrow key twice. It doesn't matter to which side of the screen I'm trying to initially snap a window, or how many windows I have open.

When I hit Win + arrow once, the window sort of snaps but not completely, and a small portion of the top of the title bar is above the top of my screen.

I'm on Windows 10 Education, build 18362.836. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/phdibart
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/phdibart, Jun 3, 2020

2. Snap suddenly not working with win-key + arrow key

So snap has suddenly stopped working with win-key + arrow key, it still works when dragging the window to the edge/top of the screen using the mouse. The keys still work individually (arrow keys still scroll in web pages and win key still opens start menu)
    but no in combo. I've checked in the settings and control panel and snap is enabled (also when I snap by dragging with the mouse the snap suggestions do not pop up like they used to even though the setting is again enabled.

It just stopped working about ten minutes ago and it's already infuriating since I'm at uni and often need multiple windows open.

Thanks for your help.

Matthew Wigmore, Jun 3, 2020
  3. falcon991 Win User
    windows snap with windows key and arrow dosent work

so i got windows 10 and in the process I discovered that I could snap a window with the windows and arrow keys. I have used it allot for the past week and a half or so but yesterday it suddenly stopped working I dont know how but i must have accidentaly
    turned off a shortcut or something. i can still snap a window using the cursor but if someone could help me get the windows+arrow feature back it would be really appreciated Have to double tap arrow keys to snap windows :)

falcon991, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Have to double tap arrow keys to snap windows

down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Have to double tap arrow keys to snap windows

1. Have to double tap arrow keys to snap windows - Similar Threads - double tap arrow

2. Double blue arrow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double blue arrow: why i cant get of this double arrow ? i already use the properties way . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-blue-arrow/e1e4ff28-6961-4cf3-a0b4-979c6a05eca0
  3. Double blue arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double blue arrow: why i cant get of this double arrow ? i already use the properties way . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-blue-arrow/e1e4ff28-6961-4cf3-a0b4-979c6a05eca0
  4. Double Arrows . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Arrows . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This issue, might seem trivial. But it does, bother me.If you look, at the picture. You'll see, the double arrows. In front, of each picture?I'm not sure, what I loaded. Or, did. To 'cause these arrows to start.Is there, any...
  5. Double Arrows . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double Arrows . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This issue, might seem trivial. But it does, bother me.If you look, at the picture. You'll see, the double arrows. In front, of each picture?I'm not sure, what I loaded. Or, did. To 'cause these arrows to start.Is there, any...
  6. Double Arrows . . .

7. Touchpad double tap issue...

Touchpad double tap issue...: I have acer aspire 3 a315-33-c89l it's touchpad supports 5+ fingers tap but after a update it supporting only one finger tap. When i tried to change setiings, setting only shows sensitivity of touchpad...[ATTACH] Before it shows many gestures and settings...i tried to...
  8. Shortcut "Windows key + arrows" no longer snap windows around

Shortcut "Windows key + arrows" no longer snap windows around: Hello, I bought a new Displayport monitor (I have a dual monitor setup) and suddenly, the shortcut "Windows key + arrows" controls brightness instead of moving windows around. I disabled DDC/CI support but I'm still able to change the brightness from windows. Another...
  9. Double Tap

Double Tap: When I want to "enter" something and I tap that key, it always returns to the same empty space and I have to re-enter and tap "enter" again. What can cause that? It is annoying....
  10. Double tap to drag without losing double tap to select

Double tap to drag without losing double tap to select: Hello! New laptop, new touchpad. Found the "Tap twice and drag to multi-select" feature. I want to be able to do two things: 1) Double tap on a word to select the entire word 2) Double tap and drag (on whatever; e.g. a scrollbar) to drag the thing If I turn ON "Tap...