Windows 10: Have to enter my password every time I go into Mail

Discus and support Have to enter my password every time I go into Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Since the last update I have to enter my password every time I go into Mail or Google.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LYNNSNYDER1, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Have to enter my password every time I go into Mail

Split from this thread.​

Since the last update I have to enter my password every time I go into Mail or Google.

:)

LYNNSNYDER1, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Getting prompts to enter password in Windows Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• May I know who the Email Service provider is?
    • Are you able to login to the email account through your favorite web-browser?
    • What happens when you enter password?

In the meantime, please follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Reconfiguring the account

I suggest you to remove the account from the Windows 10 mail app and configure it again. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Windows Mail app by searching it from the
      Start menu.
    2. At the bottom of the left navigation pane, click on
      Settings (Gear icon).
    3. Select Manage accounts.
    4. Click on the account and select Delete account from this device.
    5. On the confirmation page, select Delete.
    6. After deleting the account follow the steps from the article

Set up email in the Mail app for Windows 10
      to add the email account.

Method 2: Resetting password

You can try resetting the password for the email account and check if that helps. To reset the password login to the website of the email provider in any browser and change the password.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Live mail asks for login creds then gives following error:Unable to dend/receive mail for XXXX. An incorrect password was entered.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

you are getting the error 0x800CCC92 in Windows Live Mail because the password you had entered is not correct. Or, in other words, the password provided to the email client does not match the account username.

To solve the Windows Live Mail error 0x800CCC92, you have to double check both the password and the user ID (username) you had supplied when the email account was set up. Please understand that in order to access your email account successfully,
    the login information has to be correct.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Start the Windows Live Mail email client.
    • Click "Tools" from the top menu and choose "Accounts".
    • A pop up will be displayed showing you all the email accounts in Windows Live Mail. Select the one that's giving you the error and then click the "Properties" button.
    • Another pop up window shows all the settings associated with this account.
    • Under the "Servers" tab double check the "E-mail username" and "Password". One of them would definitely be incorrect which is resulting in the Windows Live Mail error ID 0x800CCC92.
    • To avoid having to enter the username and password each time, check the box in front of "Remember password".
    • Once you make appropriate changes, click the "Apply" button followed by "OK". Close the other pop-up window.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Have to enter my password every time I go into Mail

Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Have to enter my password every time I go into Mail

1. Have to enter my password every time I go into Mail - Similar Threads - enter password every

2. Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?: I dont ewant to have to enter a password to open my computer. Is there a way to bypass the password requirement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-have-a-password-to-enter-windows/e9a2a6f0-ccbe-449b-a41d-5e8fd138bb3f
  3. Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?: I dont ewant to have to enter a password to open my computer. Is there a way to bypass the password requirement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-have-a-password-to-enter-windows/e9a2a6f0-ccbe-449b-a41d-5e8fd138bb3f
  4. Ditching having to sign in with Microsoft password every time.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ditching having to sign in with Microsoft password every time.: I've just purchased a new Dell all in one. Is it still possible to turn of the Hello screen so that i don't have to continually sign in with my Microsoft password every time. The Require Sign In option does not have a Never setting....
  5. Asking to enter A1B2C3 every time i turn on my pc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking to enter A1B2C3 every time i turn on my pc.: Hey, my mother entered the pin on my computer incorrectly multiple times, and now I have to enter A1B2C3 every time before i can log in with my pin. when i turn on my pc i used to enter A1B2C3 every time. i get rid of it. please give me a solution. Is there a way to undo...
  6. we have been shutdown due to entering incorrect password to many times. Where to go to...

we have been shutdown due to entering incorrect password to many times. Where to go to...: we have been shut down due to entering incorrect password to many times. I need to change my password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-have-been-shutdown-due-to-entering-incorrect/60f38584-ffb0-4789-85b8-7b6ab83d2b0b
  7. Switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time

Switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time: I have a Windows 10 computer with several accounts. How can users switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time? Thanks....
  8. Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password: Recently I have started receiving a message about entering an incorrect password and having to put A1B2C3 before trying again, but I never tried to put a password in to begin with. My computer will 'sleep' and then the message of "too many incorrect tries" appears, Does this...
  9. I keep having to enter my password about every 5 - 10 mins??

in Windows 10 Customization
    I keep having to enter my password about every 5 - 10 mins??: I keep having to enter my password about every 5 - 10 mins?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-having-to-enter-my-password-about-every-5/3afc10d4-85da-47d2-8129-7ab156fc9342
  10. Entering Router password every time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entering Router password every time: On both a leveno and acer aspire I have to find the router in "available networks" and then sign onto the router before it will connect to the wireless internet every time my computer sleeps or restarts. This just started this past week. Any way to get it to connect...