Windows 10: Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime

Discus and support Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've somewhat recently ran into this problem on my Windows 10 machine. Every time I boot up Task Manager and want to close it (using the X button),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Battlegun, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Battlegun Win User

Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime

I've somewhat recently ran into this problem on my Windows 10 machine. Every time I boot up Task Manager and want to close it (using the X button), Task Manager crashes and I have to force quit it. It's not a major concern, but it does annoy me and lose me a few seconds each time.

Any help is definitely appreciated.

:)

Battlegun, Dec 9, 2018

2. Task Manager .exe is gone

Thank you!!!! I checked out process explorer, does that do task manager activities such as force quitting an application that is not responding? That is what I miss most about task manager.

MarciaKapustin, Dec 9, 2018
  3. infrared Win User
    task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime ;)

infrared, Dec 9, 2018
  4. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime - Similar Threads - Force Quit Task

2. Is it the task that have service description in task manager is the same task as the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it the task that have service description in task manager is the same task as the...: Both things are same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-the-task-that-have-service-description-in/6a663074-551c-45f3-8ada-5c123e837bf5
  3. Is it the task that have service description in task manager is the same task as the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it the task that have service description in task manager is the same task as the...: Both things are same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-the-task-that-have-service-description-in/6a663074-551c-45f3-8ada-5c123e837bf5
  4. Forcing Log Off with task manager

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forcing Log Off with task manager: I have several windows 10 machines where people just "Lock" their systems but leave many programs up and running. I am trying to create a task in the task scheduler to "Log Off" the user even of their machine is locked but can not get it to work. It will only work if its left...
  5. Forcing Log Off with task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Forcing Log Off with task manager: I have several windows 10 machines where people just "Lock" their systems but leave many programs up and running. I am trying to create a task in the task scheduler to "Log Off" the user even of their machine is locked but can not get it to work. It will only work if its left...
  6. Programs not quitting, instead hiding to task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not quitting, instead hiding to task manager: when I close programs, they may not actually close, but continue to run and use my processing power, while only being viewable via the task manager. this only started happening recently, maybe a week ago. I've only seen this happen in games payday 2, r6s, rocket league,...
  7. Everything getting force quit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything getting force quit: This is happening in my Lenovo ideapad 520 for past 4 days. Whenever I'm trying to open task manager it force quits, typing some words in either browser or in some code editor the word gets erased automatically. And also i tried advance startup uninstalling my driver's and...
  8. How to force quit a non-responsive app when it won’t allow me to select task manager?

How to force quit a non-responsive app when it won’t allow me to select task manager?: Sometimes my game crashes, and it won’t let me access other applications. It’s just stuck. How do I fix this? Ctrl + Alt + Delete is useless cause I can’t access task manager, and I don’t want to continuously restart my computer. submitted by /u/Tidder_si_ecin [link]...
  9. Would it cause problems if I quit OneDrive in Task Manager?

Would it cause problems if I quit OneDrive in Task Manager?: So, today, "Microsoft OneDrive (32 bit)" decided that it needs almost 40% of my CPU for god-knows-what. I've never even used it, since I just copy important stuff over to an external hardrive, maybe a USB-stick or two if it's really important. So is there any harm in just...
  10. Task force

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task force: Ik krij dit bericht : Background Task host werk niet meer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/task-force/371b2346-c527-405c-9b06-228731d217a8