Windows 10: Have to hold down the ö-letter key on my keyboard

Discus and support Have to hold down the ö-letter key on my keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i have a problem with my keyboard that started a couple of months ago, i have a nordic language keyboard, and all language settings are set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FredrikAndersson8, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Have to hold down the ö-letter key on my keyboard

Hello, i have a problem with my keyboard that started a couple of months ago, i have a nordic language keyboard, and all language settings are set to swedish as they should be.

On nordic keyboards there are "special keys" like å and ä, and i have a problem with the third special letter which is ö.

The ö letter only appears if i hold down the ö-letter key on the keyboard. I have slow keys disabled and no delay on other keys on the keyboard, it is ONLY the ö- key that have this delay/problem.

The weird thing is that if i try to use the Windows on-screen keyboard, i have to hold down the ö-key with my mouse-pointer there as well for the ö to appear, so there is nothing wrong with my keyboard/hardware because the problem persists in Windows on-screen keyboard.

I have tried to unplug, remove the drivers and let windows re-install drivers, switched usb-ports and double checked all language settings and keyboard setting so that they are correct.

As i said, the problem started a couple of months ago, it worked fine before?

How can i fix this really annoying problem?

:)

FredrikAndersson8, Jun 27, 2020
  2. SBG
    SBG Win User

Holding down alt key brings up extra letter 'graphics'

It's definitely not a Windows basic function but rather a MS Office and perhaps other MS programs. I have plenty of programs where holding down the alt key underlines just the letter in the menu text. Most of these can be turned to always on by using the Change How Keyboard Shortcuts Work in the Ease of Access app. Some programs are already set to always underline already.

The old menus were much better IMO. They looked better and more importantly took up less of my valuable screen real estate. ugh. It is what it is. MS just keeps hogging up my screen space unnecessarily.

The below 'Home' menu is just terrible looking to me and there is no way to make the extra graphics go away after using the Alt+H keyboard shortcut. Hitting the alt key again makes the menu disappear.

Have to hold down the ö-letter key on my keyboard [​IMG]

3. Bree Win User
    Holding down alt key brings up extra letter 'graphics'

These letters show with the Alt key for any app that a) has a ribbon bar, and b) you have minimised the ribbon. This includes built in apps like File Explorer and Wordpad. It is an aid to show you which key will select a particular action. If you haven't minimised the ribbon, then letters will appear instead for each tab so you can select one from the keyboard.

In apps without a ribbon such as Notepad the Alt key will underline the letter that selects the action from the keyboard.

Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10

You can't, it's a basic Windows function. But you can press Alt again to make them go away.

4. Have to hold down the ö-letter key on my keyboard

on my keyboard I can't hold down key's

Hi Ayden,

If you're meaning to physically hold down the buttons on your keyboard, we believe that wouldn't be possible unless the button you're trying to hold has a switch to hold it down or by using something to hold the button down. To clear up the issue that you're
    having, kindly provide us the information we need below:

• Tell us what is the make and the model of your device?
    • Are you trying to turn on your Wifi using a button on your keyboard?
    • Kindly describe the situation you're in why you need to hold buttons on your keyboard.
    • Tell us which buttons are you referring to.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jomel_Santos, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Have to hold down the ö-letter key on my keyboard

1. Have to hold down the ö-letter key on my keyboard - Similar Threads - hold down letter

2. Keyboard input lag when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag when holding down a key: Hello everyone, I've got this issue with my keyboard since I built a custom PC, where it lags when I hold down a key. When I'm playing a video game, this gets annoying quick because I keep moving forward when hitting the W key, and have to wait before my spacebar hit...
  3. Keyboard input lag when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input lag when holding down a key: Hello everyone, I've got this issue with my keyboard since I built a custom PC, where it lags when I hold down a key. When I'm playing a video game, this gets annoying quick because I keep moving forward when hitting the W key, and have to wait before my spacebar hit...
  4. Holding down a key to have it repeat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Holding down a key to have it repeat: My keyboard suddenly stopped functioning. Holding down Windows Key and pressing spacebar fixed that. But then repeating a key by holding it down stopped working.This fixed it:Click Windows icon in lower left corner.Click Settings>Ease of Access>KeyboardTurn off the...
  5. Holding down a key to have it repeat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Holding down a key to have it repeat: My keyboard suddenly stopped functioning. Holding down Windows Key and pressing spacebar fixed that. But then repeating a key by holding it down stopped working.This fixed it:Click Windows icon in lower left corner.Click Settings>Ease of Access>KeyboardTurn off the...
  6. Keyboard will lag behind and hold down keys randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard will lag behind and hold down keys randomly: My keyboard has been acting up for the past 2 weeks or so. Even when the computer isn't under a heavy load sometimes randomly it will hold down a key i was trying to type with. This is not happening with my actual keyboard it seems more like a software problem. Usually...
  7. keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys

keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys: my keyboard Repeats letters when i writing like that : pppleeaseeee heeelllppp and i Can't hold buttons in games after formate my pc For example: on csgo i can't move forward:when i hold Z it keeps reseting like I repeat to press that key this problem happend to me before...
  8. Holding down alt key brings up extra letter 'graphics'

in Windows 10 Support
    Holding down alt key brings up extra letter 'graphics': Win 10 Pro When I hold down the alt key for a very short time extra graphics pop up with usually a single letter, sometimes 2 letters. How do I stop these extra graphics from showing up? [img] 150091
  9. Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.: For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not physically) after I have held it down for several seconds. I first noticed this when I was playing Minecraft where after holding...
  10. Holding down keyboard buttons

Holding down keyboard buttons: Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with a brand new keyboard on my PC. I recently bought Gembird KB-UMGL-01 keyboard and I'm having an issue when holding down a button. For example, whenever I'm playing World of Warcraft if I hold down W to walk forward it acts as if I'm...