Windows 10: Have to keep resetting network, losing internet connectivity

Discus and support Have to keep resetting network, losing internet connectivity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the last few weeks I've suddenly had issues with losing network connectivity via Ethernet. Once I reset the network I have access for a day or 2 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wwsras, Feb 21, 2021.

1. wwsras Win User

Have to keep resetting network, losing internet connectivity

In the last few weeks I've suddenly had issues with losing network connectivity via Ethernet. Once I reset the network I have access for a day or 2 but then lose it again. My PC is approx. 10 years old but W10 and drivers have been kept up to date. I don't know if this is connected, but in late Dec I installed an optional update for Silicon Laboratories Ports 6/20/2019 10.1.8.2466. Other wise I keep W10 updated with the latest updates as they are pushed.

The network adapter is RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Driver Date: 7/14/2016, Version 10.10.714.2016.

I've seen one comment to uncheck Power Mgmt on the device but that hasn't helped.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Thx

Walt

:)

wwsras, Feb 21, 2021

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 21, 2021
  3. losing internet connection

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you receive any error code or error message.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

I suggest you refer the help article below as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. Get back to us for any further queries on losing Internet connection. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Have to keep resetting network, losing internet connectivity - Similar Threads - keep resetting network

2. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  3. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  4. Windows 10 keeps losing connection, have to keep resetting wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps losing connection, have to keep resetting wireless adapter: Every morning when I turn on my PC it has no internet.The troubleshooter messes around for a while, declares no default gateway, resets the wireless adapter and it works for a while, then it loses connection again.It keeps doing this, 3 or 4 times before settling down and...
  5. Windows 10 keeps losing connection, have to keep resetting wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps losing connection, have to keep resetting wireless adapter: Every morning when I turn on my PC it has no internet.The troubleshooter messes around for a while, declares no default gateway, resets the wireless adapter and it works for a while, then it loses connection again.It keeps doing this, 3 or 4 times before settling down and...
  6. Windows 10 keeps losing connection, have to keep resetting wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I keep losing my internet connection and have to run troubleshooter and reset wifi

I keep losing my internet connection and have to run troubleshooter and reset wifi: I keep losing my internet connection and have to run troubleshooter and reset wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-losing-my-internet-connection-and-have-to/3b2159ec-61bd-48c6-9d8f-1f46d1b3d645
  8. Keep losing internet connection

Keep losing internet connection: I am trying to figure out if I have a problem or is the fact that I keep losing my internet connection related to how busy the internet is currently. I recently replaced my modem/router with a Linksys CG7500. Everything appears to be set up correctly. For whatever...
  9. Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network: Hello forum, Here's a strange wifi problem that I have with my computer: about every 5-20 minutes it loses access to the internet. I can still reach the local network. After disconnecting from the wifi network and reconnecting, I can reach the internet again for a couple of...
  10. PC keeps losing internet connection

PC keeps losing internet connection: Machine is Lenovo all in one, every morning when I start using the pc there is no internet connection even though router shows internet service is normal and my internet phone works well. "Allow computer to turn off this device..." is unchecked. I have to click the internet...