Windows 10: Have to manually switch my WiFi connection on every day

Discus and support Have to manually switch my WiFi connection on every day in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! A few days ago I had a slight hiccup with my device; it disconnected from the WiFi, and had the message "wireless capability is turned off". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by finlandsberet, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Have to manually switch my WiFi connection on every day

Hello!

A few days ago I had a slight hiccup with my device; it disconnected from the WiFi, and had the message "wireless capability is turned off". I did some looking around and found the solution; now my device works perfectly fine.

The only thing is, whenever I first start my device up in the morning, it has disconnected itself from the WiFi, and I have to connect it; it only happens the first time I switch it on, and it works fine after that for the day.

The thing there is, I always have it set to "connect automatically when in range".

I've had a look again at the solution I used the first time around, and I'm wondering if I have to click the box I disabled the last time to get things working again. For reference, here's what I did to fix it first time around:

1. I went in to "View network connections"

2. I right-clicked my WiFi connection and chose "Properties", then "Configure"

3. Under "Power Management", I deselected "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

That's the guide I followed, and it seems to have worked. The only trouble now is as I mentioned above; if I were to look at my network connections now and right-click the WiFi, it says "Disabled", so clearly it's working.

Is there a way to stop it from disconnecting from the WiFi the first time I switch my device on? I can still get it to connect, but it should already be connected when I switch it on, as it used to be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

finlandsberet, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Jon Cage Win User

Is it possible to set up a new manual wifi connection from the command line?

I'm trying to work out a solution to set up ad-hock wifi connections in Windows 8.1 based on the suggestions in a post on Micsrosoft's answers site. Is there any way to do the first few steps:

• go to "Network and Sharing Center"
    • click "Set up a new connection or network"
    • double click "Manually connect to a wireless network"
    • enter the SSID of the ad-hoc network (as shown by "netsh wlan show networks") into the "Network name" field
    • configure security settings accordingly
    • uncheck "Start this connection automatically" (important)

...without using the windows dialogs?

Jon Cage, Jan 27, 2021
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Have to manually switch my WiFi connection on every day

wifi connection

Hi Karloi, Andrea,

Experiencing issues with WiFi connection may have something to do with the device driver, the WiFi switch may be turned off, or possible that the wireless adapter has been disabled. To help us determine what may have caused this problem, we suggest running
    the Network troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in Troubleshoot and click it in the search result.
    • In the right pane, click Network Adapter.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

For more information about fixing WiFi connection issues, please see:

Fix Wi-Fi problems in Windows 10

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Have to manually switch my WiFi connection on every day

1. Have to manually switch my WiFi connection on every day - Similar Threads - manually switch WiFi

2. Keyboard Keys Switched and Mouse Buttons Switched while gaming Every Day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keys Switched and Mouse Buttons Switched while gaming Every Day: Hello, ISSUE Whenever I am playing Minecraft Especially a Particular Modded version 1.12.2. My game randomly switches controls so If I am typing W it closes chrome. If I Right-Clicking in the desktop screen, It opens up Minecraft, Now you will be wondering why I have posted a...
  3. Every time I boot up I have to manually connect to WIFI Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every time I boot up I have to manually connect to WIFI Windows 10: Recently windows 10 will not connect to my WIFI unless I manually do it. Even then it may not connect properly. And sometimes after that the connection drops a few minutes after. I have tried uninstalling my devices and reinstalling them, I have unchecked the box next to...
  4. Asus laptop having terrible wifi connections every few days or so

Asus laptop having terrible wifi connections every few days or so: Every time I move my laptop like putting it down on a table or pushing it back, the wifi would disconnect then connect. However, sometimes it's more extreme and it causes it to be stuck on airplane mode, which I'm unable to disable and I have to connect by ethernet and wait...
  5. Have a BSoD almost every day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have a BSoD almost every day: Hi guys, I have a BSoD almost every day on my HP Spectre 360x. It's been happening for quite some time, but now it gets worse and worse. The error message I see after the automatic restart is: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION not handled and it talks about this file:...
  6. Manual headphones switch

Manual headphones switch: [IMG] I have always had this issue with my MSI leopard GP63 8RF. Every time I plug my headphones, I have to manually select ok as you can see in the picture to switch the audio channel to the headphones from the speakers. Isn't there a way to make it automatic? It's quite...
  7. Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings!

Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings!: Since the upgrade I have found an annoying problem ( probably driver related ). When I plug anything in the cases front Audio Jack, it does not switch automatically. I have to keep manually changing where audio comes out through using "play back devices" settings. Was...
  8. No internet connection once every two days

No internet connection once every two days: Hello everyone, I am currently facing a network issue at my home network. I have a Cisco X1000 (Linksys) router which is dropping out like once every two days. Looks like my DHCP isn't working properly since I am getting a 169 IP-address and no other devices (smartphones...
  9. Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly: Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not...
  10. Have router connected to switch

Have router connected to switch: Wait a minute! I do not want this: Internet > Modem > Router > Switch, but I want Internet > Modem > Router > Switch > Secondary Router. I would like devices that connect to the secondary router to also receive an internet connection. And yes, I understand that it probably...