Windows 10: Have to press pc power replacement switch several times to start pc

Discus and support Have to press pc power replacement switch several times to start pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed pc power replacement switch...but have to press the switch start button several times to turn pc on. Connected another one..have similar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by treblefree, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Have to press pc power replacement switch several times to start pc

Installed pc power replacement switch...but have to press the switch start button several times to turn pc on.
    Connected another one..have similar problem.

Totally puzzled...the only items connected to pc is monitor,keyboard and mouse and ethernet cable and speakers.

The replacement does work...the only connectors i have not connected to motherboard is Reset and Hdd ready.

To be correct i can use pc for say a day...turn pc on next morning with no problem..but turn pc on again in afternoon..nothing...have to press the replacement switch pc on button 20-30 times to fire up pc.

What is causing this erractic behaviour ? Getting very frustrated with this issue.

Thank you

:)

treblefree, Aug 23, 2019
  2. nora.e Win User

power switch replacement

LED Rocker Switch Green Only
    these are listed to be used for extra lights and fans. Could it also be used for the main power switch for the PC? If not does any one know where a good place is to find any, other than a direct replacement for the original? The one on the case now works fine, just would like to find something that's a little higher on the "coolness factor" scale for a mod project.

nora.e, Aug 23, 2019
  3. PC Key Power Switch

A normal power switch for a pc is a NO momentary switch, meaning that it does NOT conduct power, except when it is pressed.

So find out winch two terminals on that car switch that is closed (conduct power) when in the "start" position and use them to connect to the ports that the power switch goes to

This will make twisting the key to "Start" the same as pressing the power button on that PC, if that turns your computer off then yes, twisting the key from "iginition" to "start" will turn it off.

Since its a car ignition lock, i would be surprised if the key is removable in any other setting than "off", then again, buy two and try to mod one of them to release the key when not in "off"?

For finding what two contacts corresponds to the "start" position you could use a multimeter, if you don not have that then a flashlight bulb, some wires and the appropriate number off batteries for the bulb should suffice.

Brusfantomet, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Virus-j Win User

Have to press pc power replacement switch several times to start pc

When the Power button is Pressed Pc turns on then Off again.

Hi all,

Need some help, Recently for past month id say iv been having this weird problem on with my main rig, Iv been searching the net trying to find answers or different things to try but nothing is working.

Pretty much as the title said, When i press the Power button the pc starts to turn on, But then it instantly just switches off... But the weird thing is when i press the power button again it boots up normally and i have no problems at all with the pc everything is running fine. Nothing major just be nice if i pressed the button first time it would boot up normally. As i said it was fine till a month ago and this problem just started.

I took the Pc apart about 3 days, Rebuilt it cleaned everything. Replace the Cmos, reset the bios settings. Not sure what else to try ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Have to press pc power replacement switch several times to start pc

1. Have to press pc power replacement switch several times to start pc - Similar Threads - press power replacement

2. PC booting Several Times, Then no Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC booting Several Times, Then no Display: When I tried to turn on my pc, It tried to boot a few times. I could hear the fan turn on and then turn off and then turn on again. The whole time, I did not get any display. Even after the fan turns on and does not turn off I still don't get any display. My monitor...
  3. PC booting Several Times, Then no Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC booting Several Times, Then no Display: When I tried to turn on my pc, It tried to boot a few times. I could hear the fan turn on and then turn off and then turn on again. The whole time, I did not get any display. Even after the fan turns on and does not turn off I still don't get any display. My monitor...
  4. PC booting Several Times, Then no Display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC: When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-switched-the-power-switch-my-pc-automatic/5aef23f4-2113-4d62-99e1-e6bb50187611
  6. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC: When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-switched-the-power-switch-my-pc-automatic/5aef23f4-2113-4d62-99e1-e6bb50187611
  7. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

8. PC Bluescreening several times a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Bluescreening several times a day: Ok so I've been having serious issues with my PC bluescreening for months now. I made another post about it a while back, but nothing really worked. It's been happening several times a day, and its unbearable. Since the issues started, I've changed: Motherboard, RAM, GPU,...
  9. PC Bluescreening several times a day

PC Bluescreening several times a day: Ok so I've been having serious issues with my PC bluescreening for months now. I made another post about it a while back, but nothing really worked. It's been happening several times a day, and its unbearable. Since the issues started, I've changed: Motherboard, RAM, GPU,...
  10. When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.: Hi I have mouved my composant to another box and i changes the motherboard and the power suplie when i try to boot it it does nothing. The only way to boot it is press the power sw botton on my motherboard....