Windows 10: Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access

Discus and support Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After upgrading to the current version of Windows 11, I have noticed that when in sleep mode for a couple of days I will have to reboot my PC to gain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RickFisch, Dec 9, 2022.

1. RickFisch Win User

Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access

After upgrading to the current version of Windows 11, I have noticed that when in sleep mode for a couple of days I will have to reboot my PC to gain internet access. Is anyone else having this issue?Here are the facts around my PCDevice name Office Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.85 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB Device ID C8F728FD-DFA3-4277-A000-68E36C437CAC Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎6/‎1

:)

RickFisch, Dec 9, 2022
  2. dahermit Win User

Sleep/wake up have to reboot to get internet back again.

Preliminary use (I will note it if it happens again) suggests that this is the answer to my having to reboot after the computer has been sleeping, to get the internet back.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...m=w7itpromedia It has not happened since I unchecked the box, but it is way too early to conclude that doing so has solved the problem for sure. If it happens despite unchecking that box, I will report back here. Thanks for the suggestions.

dahermit, Dec 9, 2022
  3. jcaswell Win User
    W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Dec 9, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Dec 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access - Similar Threads - reboot sleep regain

2. Regain access to Onedrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regain access to Onedrive: Hackers have access to my passwords and have secured access to my Onedrive account, but not my Microsoft account. I am entirely blocked out of my Onedrive and cannot log in. Now I am getting notifications that my account is so full that I cannot use my email unless I buy more...
  3. Regain access to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regain access to Onedrive: Hackers have access to my passwords and have secured access to my Onedrive account, but not my Microsoft account. I am entirely blocked out of my Onedrive and cannot log in. Now I am getting notifications that my account is so full that I cannot use my email unless I buy more...
  4. Regain access to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to regain access to pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain access to pc?: I was unable to connect to wifiongoing issue so in efforts to troubleshoot i disabled all startup programs. Now I'm unable to login as my finger print reader doesn't work and the pin doesn't work. I'm in panic mode at this point because of all my files on this laptop. I'm...
  6. How to regain access to pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to regain access to pc?: I was unable to connect to wifiongoing issue so in efforts to troubleshoot i disabled all startup programs. Now I'm unable to login as my finger print reader doesn't work and the pin doesn't work. I'm in panic mode at this point because of all my files on this laptop. I'm...
  7. Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access: After upgrading to the current version of Windows 11, I have noticed that when in sleep mode for a couple of days I will have to reboot my PC to gain internet access. Is anyone else having this issue?Here are the facts around my PCDevice name Office Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600...
  8. No internet access after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet access after reboot: I was having a Windows 10 "windows popup" issue which caused my to engage Microsoft tech support. They told me to go into settings and disable applications, (cant remember exactly where I did that), then I was told to reboot. now when I get to the log in screen I see a...
  9. Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself: Hi, my desktop computer loss internet access after reboot itself overnight last week. (Intel core i7-2600 cpu, Windows 10 Pro build 1803, 5/19/2018, OS Build 17134.112, 12 GB RAM, Realtek PCIe GBE family controller). There is a red x mark on the network icon. Windows...
  10. Regaining Administrator Access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Regaining Administrator Access: I'm the sole user of my computer. Previously, I was able to use it as an administrator, but I somehow ended up creating a separate administrator account. Unfortunately, I can't seem to switch it back. I wish I could go into more detail, but I'm not entirely clear on how I...