Windows 10: Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall

Discus and support Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had my computer for 3 years now and the hard drive went bad I don't have the product key will I need to buy one or is there some way of recovering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshuaDieckhoff, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall

I had my computer for 3 years now and the hard drive went bad I don't have the product key will I need to buy one or is there some way of recovering it.Found out the hard drive went bad after I was doing a factory reset and it said it encountered a error and it never worked since I've been without my laptop for 3 months if anyone has advice it would be awesome

:)

JoshuaDieckhoff, Nov 11, 2018
  2. JayTeeHam Win User

Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace.

Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace fast! Backup and restore misses several key files so can't transfer to new hdd.

I need to reinstall my winOS on a new hdd, current hard drive is failing fast! I bought Win8, upgraded to 8.1 free, then 10 free. I can't find Win 10 Product Key Only Product ID Listed In SysInfo.

Can I download Win10 for free somewhere, and locate the Product Key to install for free, or do I have to buy the complete WinOS 10 Pro to the tune of $200!!!? Help Please! Thanks so much!

JayTeeHam, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Replacing Hard drive - Windows 10 (upgraded) Product Key

My laptop is Vaio SVF13N12CGS. The laptop's hard drive is a mSATA SSD drive (128 GB) and I want to replace it with a mSATA SSD (500 GB). I don't have mSATA adapter (connector) to directly clone my current Windows to the new hard drive. Then it seems that
    I should clone it on a usb (my laptop doesn't have in-dash DVD), make a boot usb, replace the hard, turn the laptop on by means of boot usb, and recover my Windows. Am I right? If yes, how should I make the boot usb and recover my Windows when I don't have
    my Windows' Product Key?

BehroozBalaei, Nov 11, 2018
  4. JackMcG Win User

Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall

Hard drive replacement

My hard drive completely died. I replaced it but I don't have a windows 7 disk. I do have the product key number. Can I down load the windows 7 os and use the product key to activate it?

JackMcG, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall

1. Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall - Similar Threads - replace hard drive

2. My hard drive failed and I need to have Windows reinstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hard drive failed and I need to have Windows reinstalled: Product key: D7P3X-MVHRF-4YHDP-8G8KV-9378TX16-96072Can I get a boot disk to reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-drive-failed-and-i-need-to-have-windows/f4ae8d1b-c3f0-46a0-8cf4-c9b9f3b7b2a2
  3. My hard drive failed and I need to have Windows reinstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drive failed and I need to have Windows reinstalled: Product key: D7P3X-MVHRF-4YHDP-8G8KV-9378TX16-96072Can I get a boot disk to reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-drive-failed-and-i-need-to-have-windows/f4ae8d1b-c3f0-46a0-8cf4-c9b9f3b7b2a2
  4. My hard drive failed and I need to have Windows reinstalled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive replacement & key code questions: I have an old computer that I need to replace the hard drive on. It came with windows 8 and was upgraded to windows 10 for free somewhere along the way. I do not have an activation key or any way to access that information on this computer because I can’t get back to the...
  6. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive replacement & key code questions: I have an old computer that I need to replace the hard drive on. It came with windows 8 and was upgraded to windows 10 for free somewhere along the way. I do not have an activation key or any way to access that information on this computer because I can’t get back to the...
  7. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Product key hard disc replaced

Product key hard disc replaced: I purchased laptop with pre installed windows 10, my hard disc was crashed I replaced with new one. How to get my product key by using my pc device information ?...
  9. Hard drive fail - replaced - Windows reinstall issues

Hard drive fail - replaced - Windows reinstall issues: Dell Inspiron 3670. Purchased with win 10 Pro installed in 2018. SSD died on Monday. Tested in BIOS - DEAD. New SSD installed yesterday. Used Windows 10 installation media creation tool to create USB installation drive and input the wrong email address while reinstalling...
  10. Need help reinstalling product key

Need help reinstalling product key: So, I rebuilt an existing desktop that came with Windows 10. Unfortunately, it seems as though the product key has been misplaced. I tried running the troubleshooting thing and it didn't work. Can someone help me recover the product key associated to my Microsoft account?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. needed product to replace hard drive