Windows 10: Have to restart game download from beginning after turning pc off

Discus and support Have to restart game download from beginning after turning pc off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, subscribed to gamepass on PC. Started downloading Metro Exodus and was about 42gb in out of 61gb. Said, eh I'll go to sleep and finish the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RaymondMendoza, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Have to restart game download from beginning after turning pc off

Hi, subscribed to gamepass on PC. Started downloading Metro Exodus and was about 42gb in out of 61gb. Said, eh I'll go to sleep and finish the download tomorrow. So I turned off my PC. Next day went to finish the download and had to start from beginning?! I have plenty of room on my hard drive so not sure why I had to start all over. No I didn't run any type of program to delete those temporary files. Thanks!

:)

RaymondMendoza, Dec 24, 2019

2. Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Dec 24, 2019
  3. pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Have to restart game download from beginning after turning pc off

Disney magic kingdom game, levels got reset to beginning.

Hi Marva,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how upsetting it could be when game resets to beginning level. We would suggest follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Launch game app.
    2. Go to Options (the top right corner) > Connect.
    3. You should be able to find two options to restore your game progress as shown in the picture below.
      Have to restart game download from beginning after turning pc off ba8f3cbc-4bd8-492f-a469-2dab8cd48088?upload=true.png

4. You can try and connect to either of the options and check if you are able to access your game progress.

However, as the issue is with in-game progress being reset and irrecoverable saved game data, if the issue still persists, we would suggest you to post your query in
    Gameloft support Forums for better assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Have to restart game download from beginning after turning pc off

1. Have to restart game download from beginning after turning pc off - Similar Threads - restart game download

2. PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts: As the title indicates, my PC has randomly restarted ie screen black, mechanical light up keyboard and mouse go black and then restarts. There is no rhyme or reason, most of the time I am just browsing the internet i.e a fairly light load. About a month ago, my CPU was...
  3. PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts: As the title indicates, my PC has randomly restarted ie screen black, mechanical light up keyboard and mouse go black and then restarts. There is no rhyme or reason, most of the time I am just browsing the internet i.e a fairly light load. About a month ago, my CPU was...
  4. PC turning off completely even after restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turning off completely even after restart?: Hi, so i whenever i restart my PC it needs disk checking and i found out in task manager that the CPU runs for 1 second basically it starts fresh, normally the PC doesnt shut down completely right?And also it takes like 10-20 seconds till the blue screen with "Restarting"...
  5. PC turning off completely even after restart?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turning off completely even after restart?: Hi, so i whenever i restart my PC is needs disk checking and i found out in task manager that the CPU runs for 1 second, normally the PC doesnt shut down completely right?And also it takes like 10-20 seconds till the blue screen with "Restarting" disappears and the PC turns...
  6. PC turning off completely even after restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turning off completely even after restart?: Hi, so i whenever i restart my PC is needs disk checking and i found out in task manager that the CPU runs for 1 second, normally the PC doesnt shut down completely right?And also it takes like 10-20 seconds till the blue screen with "Restarting" disappears and the PC turns...
  7. BSOD after turning off or restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after turning off or restarting: Hello I'm having this issue for a while. I ran HP diagnostic and detected a Hardrive failure, then I replaced the Drive but the blue screen continues to show. I'll appreciate your help....
  8. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  9. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  10. Screensaver turned off after leaving PC game

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver turned off after leaving PC game: This happened to me some time ago but I forgot how to fix it: The Witcher 3 PC game recently installed new DLC. I know that PC games disable the screen saver/display power off options upon starting so they don't interfere with the game. However, they are supposed to...